Sports massage.

I read today that as an older athlete, I should have a weekly(ish) massage to avoid injury and to aid recovery and performance. I've been plagued with injuries, especially in recent years, so wondered what others thought ? I train virtually every day.

Cheers

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 22:07 ----------

about the usefulness of a sports massage that is ? l'm not making any sense here am I ? :help:

Edited by Ridgewalk
Delete post

I would say that massage is essential if you are doing regular strenuous activity generally but especially sports. I have picked up a couple of injuries over the years and massage has played a role in every single one of them either being completely fixed or definitely improved.

I am now in a job where I run a therapy centre which means I now hang out with massage therapists on a regular basis and have had some amazing conversations with some practitioners. I had no idea the amount of training they did! I'll be honest, I thought the training would focus on making it feel nice but the amount of knowledge they have about the mechanics of the body is scary!

If you would like to have a chat with the massage therapy experts I have been talking to you can find them on the link above, it links to my wellness centre. There is no obligation at all, if you just want a trained person's opinion on your issue drop them a line, I know they'd love to chat