OiSoi new ish restaurant- any forum folk been?

I'm excited to try this place as there are few really good Chinese / eastern restaurants and the menu looks great. Has anybody been? It's in town at the St Pauls development

Yes! We've been several times and it's always been really good. I'd recommend booking, it can get busy.

There used to be an Asian grocery on the ground floor which was also great, they had a huge selection of aged soy sauce and used to give tastings, but for reasons I don't understand they closed that section.

Thanks I will plan a visit soon. I understand that it's run by the same person that has Tai Sun Chinese supermarket in Doncaster and also a Chinese cafe upstairs at the West One complex that I've been meaning to try.

The one at West One is the Wa Ding and yes I think it is run by the same guy. It's much cheaper than Oisoi and is canteen style, very popular with Chinese students and the food is ok but definitely a long way downmarket from Oisoi.

Ate here last night. It was quiet, as you might expect for a Monday, but not dead. The staff were professional, friendly and attentive and the food was delicious and reasonably priced.

Will definitely be going back.

Have eaten here twice in the last month , once for dinner , once at lunch.

The original setup of upmarket asian supermarket downstairs with a restaurant upstairs has been changed.

They now have a great cocktail bar and some tables downstairs (plus a patisserie counter) and a very lovely dining room upstairs (where you can see into the kitchen).

Great ambience , everything is very clean and new.

A quite short pan asian menu , but well executed and not extortionate.

Not the thousand choices you might get in e.g. noodle inn centro or Hui Wei . (For me this is better).

Deserves to do well.

Note the website says the lunchtime is a buffet - this is no longer the case.

Have eaten here twice in the last month , once for dinner , once at lunch.

The original setup of upmarket asian supermarket downstairs with a restaurant upstairs has been changed.

I used to pop in quite frequently when it was a posh Asian grocery that served yummy hot food in take away containers. During the lunch break you'd always see office workers dropping in to buy lunch.

Put it this way.. there was once a time when OiSoi formed part of my weekly spend. Sadly you won't find OiSoi transactions on my bank statements anymore.

Looking around for somewhere different to eat in Sheffield and came across Oisoi, it’s sort of tucked away in St Paul’s Place amongst the chain restaurants that sadly proliferate that area.

The place is very stylish and has a slightly different look dependent on whether your seated up or downstairs, service is good. The theme is Korean/Far Eastern and the fairly short menu (a good sign) has some good photos of what some of the more unusual meals look like.

I had the king prawn skewers for starters and they were excellent 4 large meaty prawns cooked beautifully with a very nutty asparagus, dressed salad and a potent sweet chilli sauce - very good. My partner had the dumplings which were a great texture and also very nice.

Onto mains I opted for Kung Pao Chicken and it was the best I’ve ever had, piping hot with excellent flavours and a chilli kick, the wife’s Thai Green Curry was also very good. We had Jasmine rice and noodles as sides, again great.

I was to full for a dessert but we shared 70/30 an excellent cheese cake with lime sorbet. Washed it down with a decent Chardonnay.

The bill was £85.00 for what was one of the best meals I’ve had in Sheffield for a while.

Highly recommended and I will be back.

I've heard very good reports too, it is a shame that, rather weirdly, none of their rice is gluten free. No idea what they do to it.

I've heard very good reports too, it is a shame that, rather weirdly, none of their rice is gluten free. No idea what they do to it.

Odd. Perhaps a misconception on their part, mistaking glutinous rice for having gluten in it? Or perhaps they use a barley vinegar like in sushi rice?

Oisoi is one of the only places in Sheffield that does high-quality far eastern cuisine in a healthy, refined and impeccably presented manner. I loved it even more when it first opened and they were doing stupendous bento-box-style meals for £15! Still enjoy it for a treat :)

Odd. Perhaps a misconception on their part, mistaking glutinous rice for having gluten in it? Or perhaps they use a barley vinegar like in sushi rice?

Oisoi is one of the only places in Sheffield that does high-quality far eastern cuisine in a healthy, refined and impeccably presented manner. I loved it even more when it first opened and they were doing stupendous bento-box-style meals for £15! Still enjoy it for a treat :)

I'm looking forward to going back already.

We love Oisoi, have been several times and never been disappointed with anything we've ordered. I'm craving their stir fried prawns with asparagus as I type. Time for another visit I think