Sheffield Forum

Trading cryptocurrency?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

05-09-2017, 15:51   #21
Waldo

Total Posts: 5,264
Cryptos taken a bit of a bashing recently, seems mostly down to the People's Bank of China outlawing ICO's. Couldn't get money to the exchange fast enough, looks like a great time to top up!
_______
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by Waldo; 05-09-2017 at 16:03.
05-09-2017, 17:27   #22
nowt2pctoday

Total Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Cryptos taken a bit of a bashing recently, seems mostly down to the People's Bank of China outlawing ICO's. Couldn't get money to the exchange fast enough, looks like a great time to top up!
you mean everyone is trying to turn their Bitcoins etc back into real cash
05-09-2017, 22:54   #23
Hashim

Total Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bloke View Post

Hmmm...

I would be very surprised if many forummers have a clue what you're talking about!

If the results of a recent poll on here about the age of forummers is to be believed, then I think most of them will have only just got their heads around decimalisation...
What poll? Got a link to it?
05-09-2017, 23:57   #24
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowt2pctoday View Post
you mean everyone is trying to turn their Bitcoins etc back into real cash
No.

I mean, given the current situation with China blocking sale of ICO tokens; it's driven the price of cryptos down, and now is potentially a good time to buy more cryptos.

Of course, I may well be wrong; and this could be the start of the end. I'm just trying my best to get educated in the space so I can make sensible informed decisions that take in to account, risk and likelihood of potential reward.

I'm very much a novice though, so do your own research. Good luck!
_______
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." - Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
06-09-2017, 22:09   #25
Swills140

Total Posts: 5
Quote:
No.

I mean, given the current situation with China blocking sale of ICO tokens; it's driven the price of cryptos down, and now is potentially a good time to buy more cryptos.

Of course, I may well be wrong; and this could be the start of the end. I'm just trying my best to get educated in the space so I can make sensible informed decisions that take in to account, risk and likelihood of potential reward.

I'm very much a novice though, so do your own research. Good luck!
You're spot on waldo, now is the time to buy although bitcoin is now climbing back up again as we speak..I always wait for the drop to purchase as i know it will rise.I'm just kicking myself i didn't buy bitcoin when i first heard about it, i would have been at roughly $4000 profit per coin.
07-09-2017, 21:59   #26
dinofan

Total Posts: 22
Was just reading the Sheffield star online and came across this in one of the ads: http://www.financewatch365.com/news/...5771&utm_id=x1
28-11-2017, 16:54   #27
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swills140 View Post
You're spot on waldo, now is the time to buy although bitcoin is now climbing back up again as we speak..I always wait for the drop to purchase as i know it will rise.I'm just kicking myself i didn't buy bitcoin when i first heard about it, i would have been at roughly $4000 profit per coin.
Me too; though, on reflection, kicking myself never actually helps. Life seems like a series of mistakes, well, at least mine does. Best thing we can hope for is to constantly recalibrate and learn and move on.

Anyhow, bitcoin hit $10k USD today. Congrats to the people who invested early!

Currently around 7,540 GBP, up from 3,425 on the day you made this post (6th September). How high can it go?!
_______
28-11-2017, 18:48   #28
mossdog

Total Posts: 4,033
Quote:
Me too; though, on reflection, kicking myself never actually helps. Life seems like a series of mistakes, well, at least mine does. Best thing we can hope for is to constantly recalibrate and learn and move on.

Anyhow, bitcoin hit $10k USD today. Congrats to the people who invested early!

Currently around 7,540 GBP, up from 3,425 on the day you made this post (6th September). How high can it go?!
...........the crash is coming!!!
28-11-2017, 18:59   #29
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossdog View Post
...........the crash is coming!!!
...hope so!

Wouldn't mind seeing a major dip, to around 4k say; be a great time to top up.

I'm sure there's also some kind of positive reinforcement loop going on; where the higher the price of bitcoin goes, the more exposure it gets in the mainstream media, the more new money comes in, driving up the price, rinse and repeat.
_______
29-11-2017, 11:26   #30
mossdog

Quote:
...hope so!

Wouldn't mind seeing a major dip, to around 4k say; be a great time to top up.

I'm sure there's also some kind of positive reinforcement loop going on; where the higher the price of bitcoin goes, the more exposure it gets in the mainstream media, the more new money comes in, driving up the price, rinse and repeat.
..........you know what they say about people who think they can keep gambling buying at the bottom and selling at the top!
29-11-2017, 11:41   #31
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossdog View Post
..........you know what they say about people who think they can keep gambling buying at the bottom and selling at the top!
I'm thinking of it as more of an investment than gambling. Also, not putting all my eggs in to one basket, or investing money I can't afford to lose. So far, it's working out well for me!

Also, I find the underlying block chain technology to be very interesting, and can only see it being applied more and more in the future to solve real world problems.
_______
29-11-2017, 12:47   #32
mossdog

Quote:
I'm thinking of it as more of an investment than gambling. Also, not putting all my eggs in to one basket, or investing money I can't afford to lose. So far, it's working out well for me!

Also, I find the underlying block chain technology to be very interesting, and can only see it being applied more and more in the future to solve real world problems.
...........it's one of the biggest gambles the world has ever seen!
29-11-2017, 12:57   #33
monkey104

Total Posts: 3,250
There will be a discussion about Bitcoin on the Jeremy Vine show on radio 2 today.
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
Reply To Topic