Foraging in Sheffield

A good forager would never reveal their tricks...

---------- Post added 06-01-2017 at 10:43 ----------

Where are good places to pick berries (any type) in or near S10 and S11 and at any time of the year, not necessarily now?

but that said, blackberries are everywhere in september - bole hill park for one.

Edited by TimmyR

Some good looking apples in the Weston park hospital car park.

I'm going there on Saturday. Where are they ?

I'm going there on Saturday. Where are they ?

If you are planning on stealing from the NHS, I wouldn't announce it on here.

I second the Bole Hill Park call. There are some nice plums hanging over a fence by the park in between crooks and cross pool.

I second the Bole Hill Park call. There are some nice plums hanging over a fence by the park in between crooks and cross pool.

Fair point. Silly me, thinking they were free for the picking. I wouldn't consciously nick from the NHS. I haven't picked a single apple governor-it wasn't me that done it. LOL.

I didn't say I was going to nick any. I just wanted to know where they were

me lud-honest, hand on heart, believe me.

I was there yesterday and I couldn't see any apples. Good job as well. I couldn't live with myself if I thought I'd diverted South Yorkshire old bill's serious crimes solving activities ;by having them launching a surveillance sting to catch a pensioner loitering with no intent to nick apples.

Thanks.

Edited by petemcewan

If you can announce on here you illegally withhold many thousands of pounds a year in tax I think it's safe to announce that you want to pick some apples from a car park..

My friend pointed an Elderberry bush out to me and I picked a load of berries......

Are they supposed to be green in the middle, with a seed?

They are until they ripen and go blue-black. They go in a pie perhaps with blackberries and apples or you can collect a pound and make yourself a bottle of Pontack Sauce, as here http://wp.me/p5wFIX-gQ