Sign in to follow this  

Going anywhere nice this year?

We're off to Spain in July. It will be our fifth visit to the same hotel, so it's pretty obvoius that we like it. We are going overland with Ferris coach holidays and are staying in Fanals ( just outside Lloret de Mar) in the Royal Beach Hotel.

This is on an all-inclusive basis and is a real bargain at just over £1000 for the three of us. To fly would cost double.

WE will be supporting the British economy by holidaying in this country.

We can't afford to go abroad as we take our children on holiday during the school holidays ;)

Originally posted by Mo

WE will be supporting the British economy by holidaying in this country.

We can't afford to go abroad as we take our children on holiday during the school holidays ;)

I support the British economy by living here for 50 of the weeks in the year. I don't feel like I'm letting my country down by escaping this dreary, drab climate for a fortnight.

Another thing is, you say you can't afford to go abroad as you go away during the school holidays. We go away during the school holidays, and the price I quoted in my opening post includes absolutely everything (food, drink, entertainment from ten in the morning to midnight) for a fortnight. You don't actually need any spending money at all.

That represents good value for money in my book. That works out at just over £70 per day for three of us - or £23 each.

I don't think anywhere in Britain could match that, do you?

I wouldn't say that a coach journey all the way to Spain was exactly ideal when travelling with two young children.

At least when you are travelling in your own car you can stop to stretch your legs/go to toilet or just have a break as many times as you like.

No offence but not my type of holiday at all.

I'm off the Spain at Easter, mainly to relax and get some sun.

Booked some cheap flights from Bmibaby £56 each and we have booked a villa with a pool, we are going with another family so it has made it quite a cheap holiday.

Roll on April, I have also got the brochures for next winter and looking at booking something soon.

Im holidaying in this country partly because its cheaper and partly because i wouldnt fly anyway with all this terrorist stuff going on im just too much of a wimp and the hassle of going through it isnt enough to justify the result of going abroad since the only places i can afford are practically britain but tackier and hotter.

Off to France snowboarding next weekend :)

That's my holiday allowance used up 'til April so who knows after that. I'd like to go back to British Columbia, but this time in summer.

* A week in Salou on the Costa Dorada in July (with parents)

* Weekend away in castleton in April (with bf)

* Long weekend away in Skeggy with bf in August

* Weekend away to coast with parents in September

Loads of little holidays!

2 weeks in the Maldives this July!

Can't fooking wait ar kid!

Off to cornwall at somepoint in the year, i love cornwall almost as much as... things i love :P

see my site for some piccys :)