Leisure card to use in Graves pool?

We normally have a family swim at Dronfield pool on a Sunday as its fairly cheap and not too busy

Given Graves has a nice new pool we thought we would try it for a change - but its pricey . . . so then I thought about getting a Sheffield leisure discount card

Spent the last hour trying to find out a which discount card actually exists (their seems to be talk of several sorts of card on Sheffield CC website, at least 2 for people on benefits and another one discontinued) that actually works at Graves (as it doesn't belong to the council, seems to work differently and Graves isnt listed as a venue anyhow)

Anyone help out? - it would save me going there only to find out they do different things there

They have their own card called a Sheffield Saver Card i think?? It gives between 20/30% off of your activity.

It's operated by Places foe People Leisure so search for that and you should be able to get more info.

I think you can also use the Sheffield Slice Card but if you live in Dronfield you aren't eligible as you have to live in Sheffield.

I think you can register for a LIFE card, and that costs £5 and lasts for a year. Certainly helps us when we book tennis there, saves us a fortune!!

thanks folks

fwiw we live in Sheffield but Dronfield is cheaper/nicer to go to (even with petrol) - and hassle free, unlike this discount card mess . . .

From what I can find, the Slice card seems to have been discontinued (based on comments on Sheff council website) and the LIFE card (looks to be only £3 by the way) doesn't seem to work at Graves - only council locations, though scottf seems to imply otherwise

The kids have decided they are happy at Dronfield, and it has free Wifi too, so ideal if I decide to work not play - giving up on this

It`s fair to say that Graves is trying to adapt. Great facilities but staff are struggling imho. I guess many have worked there for years and now it`s actually busy and 21st century. We`ve had a fair bit of hassle with classes and also trying to park there!

Hi there, just to clear confusion on cards for you the LifeCARD is specifically for SIV sites only as it's their own initiative and is £3 if bought online or £5 in the centre.

Graves are run by Places for People and their own discount card is the Sheffield saver card at around the same price as the LifeCARD.

Graves were still honouring the discount from the Slice Card but don't sell or supply them, this was still true last year but this may have changed.

Hope that helps in some way

thanks folks

fwiw we live in Sheffield but Dronfield is cheaper/nicer to go to (even with petrol) - and hassle free, unlike this discount card mess . . .

From what I can find, the Slice card seems to have been discontinued (based on comments on Sheff council website) and the LIFE card (looks to be only £3 by the way) doesn't seem to work at Graves - only council locations, though scottf seems to imply otherwise

The kids have decided they are happy at Dronfield, and it has free Wifi too, so ideal if I decide to work not play - giving up on this