Ex brincliffe grammar school?

Hello I used to live in Sheffield up to going to college in1966. I attended Brincliffe Grammar and have mixed memories.I then went to High Storrs up to A levels. I have re visited Sheffield many times up to the death of my parents two years ago.I moved to France many years ago, where I still live.It would be good to her from anyone who remembers Brincliffe.

Hi Linnie

I'm a bit late responding to your 2012 post (!), but interested to read it.

My wife and I love France.

I was pals with classmate Roger Wells, and you'll find my info. included on FriendsReunited.

Regards

just worked out your nom-de-plume. I should have known who it was but there was a faint possibility it was Frank Womack whom I was pals with in the first year. Many thanks for the Xmas card. Apologies for butting in & "blowing your cover.

Edited by fatrajah

No prob. fatrajah!

Your comments to 'Linnie' bring it all back..

(And thanks for your card too, in case you didn't get my email to your gmail address.)

Hi Linnie, I went to Brincliffe from 1958 to 1963. I was in forms 1D, 2B, 3A, 4A, 5A. I too have mixed memories of Brincliffe. For me Mrs Potter was the problem & I don't think I was alone in that. Mr Boul had a short fuse but if I got myself "in the cart" as Mr Boul put it, it was mostly my own fault. The rest of teachers ranged from OK to very good in my opinion. I went to Abbeydale Grammar to do maths, physics & chemistry A-Levels but I disliked the place & didn't do well enough to go to university. My details, such as they are, are on friends reunited.

Edited by fatrajah

Hi!

I found this forum almost by accident, and found names I had almost forgotten with the passage of years - Roger Wells, Frank Womack, David Gott. The years have been very good to me - I have been a Civil Servant, Publisher, Editor and Book Reviewer and a minister. I have often wondered what happened to those with whom I was at Brincliffe Grammar School. Has anyone any information on Paul Jefferson, Robert Ellsworth, Roger Wells &c.?

Best Wishes to all

Jim North

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 13:53 ----------

Hi Fatrajah!

I too was in 2B at Brincliffe and fell foul of Mr Boul, Mr Spinks (if that is the correct way to spell his surname) and others! (What a dreadful child I must have been!!!). I haven't a clue, however, who you are.

Jim North

Does anyone hear from Elizabeth Bowskill, Pat Hides, Elaine Smith, all in the last 5G when Brincliffe closed?

Duffems

Hi!

I found this forum almost by accident, and found names I had almost forgotten with the passage of years - Roger Wells, Frank Womack, David Gott. The years have been very good to me - I have been a Civil Servant, Publisher, Editor and Book Reviewer and a minister. I have often wondered what happened to those with whom I was at Brincliffe Grammar School. Has anyone any information on Paul Jefferson, Robert Ellsworth, Roger Wells &c.?

Best Wishes to all

Jim North

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 13:53 ----------

Hi Fatrajah!

I too was in 2B at Brincliffe and fell foul of Mr Boul, Mr Spinks (if that is the correct way to spell his surname) and others! (What a dreadful child I must have been!!!). I haven't a clue, however, who you are.

Jim North

Are you James North? I'm Roger Wells. I'm still in touch with Robert Ellsworth; he lives near Cheltenham these days.

Hi Jim (or James, as I knew you then!)

I'm happy that the years have been good to you. I also have a lot to be thankful for, all in all.

Intriguingly, I share an association at least with one part your career manifestations.. and am one of the names you mention. Indeed, I recollect we saw quite a bit of each other at one time.

I also share an old friendship with another of the names you mention.

If I say Bank Street, Sheffield 1, I think you'll know which one of the group I am!?

I can't yet send a private message on this Forum (haven't quite had enough posts yet) but we can 'talk'/message further if you wish via Friends Reunited (whilst it's still in existence - but not long left I fear - I note it's due to be closed) if you register there under Brincliffe Grammar.

Best Regards

Hi Again!

Yes, RdMC, I remember you from Bank Street, and also your parents. Are they still alive? If I remember rightly, they took a shop near Worksop? - I have registered with Friends reunited a few minutes ago and am waiting for that to be verified.

Hi, Roger, Are you still in Sheffield?

I am living on the edge of the New Forest, just outside Southampton. My late dear wife came from Bramshaw in the New Forest so after our perambulations and when I retired from the Civil Service at 49 years of age, we moved to as new the New Forest as we could manage.

Good to hear from you both.

I will try to contact you through Friends Reunited.

Best Wishes

Jim