Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Riphagen - The Untouchable 8/10

Very good Dutch war thriller set in ww2 Amsterdam based on the true story.

Hitman bodyguard.

Standard autopilot silly attempt at comedy hard action. It doesn't know what it wants to be and keeps going all sort of directions.

I will not give it a rating cause if you like it depends on who is watching it.

If you want mac donald's filmmaking it is a good one and you like it. If you don't like fast food filmmaking you may not like this.

Some people will like this, others will not, it is an unrateable movie.

Edited by dutch

Rogue 1. Star Wars with a harder edge. Excessive mumbling in the early stages put me off a bit - but I found the robot funny and had a bit more umpff than felicity jones (although she did improve as it went on). The battle at the end was excellent, pretty much made the film My main problem was total lack of depth of all the characters bar the bloody robot. 7.5/10

Kubo and the two strings. A very high quality stop motion animation. Good story that was sentimental without being slushy and brilliantly imagined. Watched it without any knowledge of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Worth watching the credits for a quick peek on how the film was made too - a real eye opener. 8.5/10

The Hitmans Bodyguard - comedy by the numbers, some good laughs, 6/10.

6 days - 8/10

Very good movie about hostage situation in Iranian Embassy in Princes Gate, London on April 1980.

Story is centered around SAS team members, main negotiator and press coverage of the events.

Its beyond me why this movie get such a low scores in reviews, acting and choreography are very well done.

Recommended to anyone who likes movies based on historical events.

Full Monty. 100% seen it many times and seen the stage version in lyceum.

Watched it again on moor new light cinema but will keep our Cineworld passes for now.

Phantasm - 6/10 - Atmospheric low budget horror from the late 70's, the low budget lets it down at times and its a bit disjointed as it was originally intended to be a much longer film, has some decent horror film moments.

---------- Post added 24-08-2017 at 22:45 ----------

Deliverance - 9/10 - John Boorman's haunting tale of four city slickers taking a last canoe ride down a soon to be dammed river is a 70's classic, grim, tense and gritty - a must see.

Edited by top4718

Detroit - 8.5/10

Tense recreation of events set during the 1967 Detroit riots in which a police raid on a hotel results in brutal beatings and murder.

Detroit - 8.5/10

Tense recreation of events set during the 1967 Detroit riots in which a police raid on a hotel results in brutal beatings and murder.

That terrible event inspired the hit song "Black Day in July" which was written and performed by a neighbour of mine, Gordon Lightfoot in 1970. Not seen the film yet, Probably catch it on DVD, when it comes out, trailer looks pretty grim.

The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - 9/10

Pretty good Ron Howard-directed documentary about the years The Beatles spent touring.

A ghost story 8/10

Art-house fantasy movie. Meaningless story with good music and good acting. Courageous directing that included one long scenes that will be too much (boring) for few people. I was feeling rather respect for the person directing with the strength to go that deep into absolutely nothing.

Edited by dutch