Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Work going on at Chippinghouse Road today- looks like pavements and I didn't notice any contractor/subbie names.

Given that it's now August 2017 and this was due to be finished by 2017, why is it that something like only 10% of my route to/from work every day has been done? Surely it should be 95% of my route?

Unhappy with quality of work where it has been done- potholes and bumps have been replaced with undulations causing car to rock on springs. This will lead to localised wear and hence potholes re-appearing.

Awful communication about tree removal- where are the replacement trees? Lots of chainsaws, very few spades and saplings in evidence.

Has the dispute with subbies been resolved? My road due to get done- long overdue but pointlessly patched. How do they decide which of the potholes to fill out of the one-in-ten that they do fill?

They're starting pavements around here (Wadsley) next week, but as you say, lots of my commute (and it's only 3 miles) hasn't been done yet. Some of the bits that haven't being some of the worst in the city!

A few pavements around Hillsborough are being done this week, nothing on the roads though.... have they stopped at all for works weeks holiday ?

Any proof of this , please

No evidence on fines but plenty of evidence on them being put into small claims court on a very regular basis...

http://imgur.com/a/yrHdy

And their finances look awful - maybe that is normal for this kind of setup - beyond my knowledge.

re-the work at lowedges the paths after 2 years are breaking up and god help us once the ice frost breaks it up even more,and the reply is we will repair as soon as the whole lot is done ,at this rate and by the standards ive seen it all will need re-doing.

We had signs up about pavements being resurfaced this week, and a note through the door. Tuesday morning (when it was due to start) all the signs have mysteriously vanished and the work has not happened.

Does anyone kno what is happening with the trees in meerbrook? Specifically Stanley rd?

That will probably explain why they have taken down the signs for the resurfacing near me that was due to start tonight

Looks like you get to keep your pot holes.and AMEY have been paid for work they are unlikely to do for the next 25 years,

Looks like you get to keep your pot holes.and AMEY have been paid for work they are unlikely to do for the next 25 years,

Even SCC would sue at that point and get the money returned.

I e-mailed Amey to ask what was actually going on. There has been a delay on my road due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. As to delays or stoppages being down to trees and tree protests- foreseeable if you go about it with zero consultation and zero communication like Amey have done. Ditto subcontractors not working if you don't pay them. Completely foreseeable.

Signs have gone up on next road to me that they are doing stuff. So perhas the way to get your road done is for someone on the next road to e-mail?