Bar / Pub Victoria Quays

I`m pretty sure I read that there`s a new place there somewhere. Anyone been to the bar or know what it`s called?

cheers. might bob in. gotta be a good place for a booze stop.

from what I can tell on Facebook they have 4 ale pumps ... shall give it a visit as its very close to where I live as well.

did bit of other research. not fully licensed yet so more of a pop-up. owner away on hols so keep eyes on FB for updates. they had blue bee on recently; are they still producing much or winding down?

I went during Tramlines, it was lovely, really friendly folks, relaxed vibe, good beers and the G+Ts looked impressive too. Am looking forward to visiting again when it's next open. Would be lovely to see this part of town a bit livelier, as it's been dead these last few years.

I went during Tramlines, it was lovely, really friendly folks, relaxed vibe, good beers and the G+Ts looked impressive too. Am looking forward to visiting again when it's next open. Would be lovely to see this part of town a bit livelier, as it's been dead these last few years.

Couldn't agree more. Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Lincoln have all made their canal basins a focal point for leisure and retail. Visitors to Sheffield would hardly realise we had one. I blame the ring road which effectively cuts it off from the rest of the city. Plus usual SCC inertia.

Yes you're right its too awkward to get to.

Guest makapaka
Couldn't agree more. Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Lincoln have all made their canal basins a focal point for leisure and retail. Visitors to Sheffield would hardly realise we had one. I blame the ring road which effectively cuts it off from the rest of the city. Plus usual SCC inertia.

When they get round to regenerating the old market area it will be a great opportunity to link the quays in somehow with better access etc.

Yup, it is really cut off at the moment, shame as I seem to remember it being quite a bustling area when I first moved to Sheffield in the late 90s. Hopefully the Castlegate regeneration that's finally starting to get underway will help to link it up better to the city centre.

I was talking to a friend a few days ago and she said exactly the same thing. She said it could really be a feature and is just wasted at the moment.

Yup, it is really cut off at the moment, shame as I seem to remember it being quite a bustling area when I first moved to Sheffield in the late 90s. Hopefully the Castlegate regeneration that's finally starting to get underway will help to link it up better to the city centre.

Is there any regeneration actually underway yet?