Possible asbestos exposure dunford & elliotts / davys?

Same here buddy ,The shut down weeks were the worse the bloody stuff was every where.

The building trade was a time bomb with asbestos lagging to boiler rooms as well the fire proofing inserted in floors etc.

We all used it and cut it to fit with saws .

I have lost friends in the last ten years to this disease who all worked in the building trade both inside the works and on out side sites .

There is 'SARAG', as in South Yorkshire Asbestos victims support group.

Does anyone know of a Facebook Group for ex-employees of Davys at Darnall in Sheffield ? I’ve heard there is one but can’t find it.

My dad died recently partly as a result of asbestosis and we’re looking into how we can follow this up with solicitors.

You should check out the government scheme before paying solicitors. I did it for a friend and it didn't cost a thing. Also she had the trouble of finding the firm responsible because they had shut down years before.

check this out - we didn't achieve anything like the compensation but it will give you some idea of what to do

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/asbestos-victims-to-get-123000-in-compensation

My husband also worked for Davys and he died in 2016 of asbestosis and Mesothelioma which is when asbestos fibres have been swallowed. I do not know of a Facebook page but I have been in touch with one of my husbands colleagues who may know of others who have worked at Davys who have passed away with the same disease. Could I ask your dads name and whereabouts he worked at Davys. I have a solicitor also and it seems that you have to know someone who worked alongside the person who has died of asbestos an asbestos related disease to make a claim. I am on Facebook and we could message each other on there.