Sheffield night life

Maybe so but really dont care who's daddy's better than who's.. I'm just making a point that slot of users who's posted are throwing handbags around due to bars ect.. but im from Lincoln and people are much more polite and respectful than sheffield,manchester and leads.. if pay double money in bars to have a better environment. Either way I have a life to get on with than disputing something that doesn't mean anything to anybody here, I garuntee 99% of Sheffield wouldn't waste petrol or transport fees to save money miles away..

Isn't there a Manchester forum or Leeds forum you can do 1 to?

Whos bothered about classy and expensive? Rather have real folk and decent pubs

Whos bothered about classy and expensive? Rather have real folk and decent pubs

Classy and expensive go where people are prepared to pay for something better. That brings in people with money, who contribute to the local economy and business rates, and by the end of the decade, councils will be able to keep what they make out of business rates, meaning the most money will invariably go to those who bring in the most money. Manchester draws in people from the Cheshire stockbroker belt, like Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Congleton, Alderley Edge etc, whilst Leeds draws in people from Harrogate, Skipton, Ripon etc - all money areas. Now if Leeds and Manchester had Sheffield's offerings, would they draw these types of people in to contribute to the city economy? I very much doubt it.

Edited by pss60

Guest makapaka
Very true, well said!

It's not true at all as EccoNoob excellent post above.

This so called "ar much" attitude people tag on to sheffielders is a nonsense generalisation.

I think a lot of people like to feel they're somehow superior than others by trying to claim everyone else is a tight fisted no-nowt without any taste - when that obviously isn't the case.

I'm forever blowing bubbles!!! Bla bla bla, we have a Sheffield college/university where it's the most popular and best rated for Chinese etc to come and study..

Would you believe it my fellow Sheffield forum users? People pay thousands to travel country's to come to Sheffield to learn.. that's Sheffield not Manchester or Leeds, on top of that people from Sheffield cannot be arsed to catch a bus out of Sheffield.. that's how much people don't give a flying bubble..

I rest my case!

I'm forever blowing bubbles!!! Bla bla bla, we have a Sheffield college/university where it's the most popular and best rated for Chinese etc to come and study..

Would you believe it my fellow Sheffield forum users? People pay thousands to travel country's to come to Sheffield to learn.. that's Sheffield not Manchester or Leeds, on top of that people from Sheffield cannot be arsed to catch a bus out of Sheffield.. that's how much people don't give a flying bubble..

I rest my case!

You're talking about a few thousand Chinese students coming to Sheffield, as if they don't come to Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham as well to study, whilst at the same time there is a catchment area of 250,000 or more relatively well-heeled people in the Cheshire stockbroker belt and the Golden Triangle to the north of Leeds, likewise, Birmingham and Bristol also have large affluent stockbroker belts. As for Sheffield, which is essentially geared for students and the T-shirts, jeans and trainers brigade, there might be the Hallam constituency and parts of High Peak, which are just as convenient for Manchester, but as can be seen, the city obviously cannot sustain high end or even middling outlets, so they don't come.

Edited by pss60