Are there any all night cafes in Sheffield?

am told that Greggs in the city centre stays open until 3am. Imagine some food becomes more attractive with beer goggles.

Which greggs, as Ive never noticed the one on angel street open late.

Strange ! Way back, in the days of yore, when computers and robots first appeared on the scene, ' experts ' predicted that the ' 24-hour ' society would soon be here ! Another prediction they got slightly wrong ! [ Together, of course with everyone working a 4 hour day, 5 days a week. We would be reading Shakespeare and composing music whilst the machines did all the hard, boring work ! ].

Well, places ARE open a bit later than they used to be ------but generally to cater for teenage drunks and misfits of all descriptions.

One of the first things that surprises us ex-pats, going to live abroad, is the amount of night-life for everyone and the number of all-night cafes and shops. Perhaps everybody goes to bed about 11 p.m. in Sheffield ? Don 't blame 'em, though !

I agree Fareast. I think it must be a difference in nightlife/drinking culture.

Re La Perle on the Wicker - I haven't been there yet (it sounds nice but I just don't usually have any reason to go round the Wicker, and wouldn't go there only to have a cup of coffee), however (and I am opening myself up to a barrage of abuse one seems to get here for saying that some areas may not be safe) I, for one, do not feel safe near the Wicker in the evening, as a woman on my own.

Unless there is a radical culture change around evening/night life, which is not going to happen, the cafes wouldn't work. Have you been on the Moor/Fargate etc after the shops close?? On the other hand, there definitely should be something on Ecclesall Road, it is probably the most suitably lively area for a late cafe. There is Nonna's but not everyone wants to go there, or Cafe Uno etc, just for a coffee without pressure to have a meal. The guys at Starbucks however said to me they used to open later (even that was, I think, 7 pm so not exactly late) and there was no demand for it.. so now they shut at 6:(

am told that Greggs in the city centre stays open until 3am. Imagine some food becomes more attractive with beer goggles.

I have noticed it open late at night too, I wouldn't mind a greasy pie after a few pints but I make a point of avoiding establishments that have a bouncer on the door, can you imagine being turned away from Greggs for wearing trainers:hihi:

I have noticed it open late at night too, I wouldn't mind a greasy pie after a few pints but I make a point of avoiding establishments that have a bouncer on the door, can you imagine being turned away from Greggs for wearing trainers:hihi:

Hehe the one on division streets open til late. before Xmas we went out to town and at the end of the night 2.45am ish wanted something to eat. Me and my friend went to the take away for a pizza across the road from Greggs. My other half went to Subway and greggs. I was like 'is greggs really open or am I that drunk' :s

24 hour one near stocksbridge its like a little caravan type cafe on a long road as you leave motorway towards stocksbridge, dont no about quality but its defo open 24 hours x

Bumping this thread drove past today & it appears the 24HR Truckers Cafe has disappeared anybody know what's happened to it?

Bumping this thread drove past today & it appears the 24HR Truckers Cafe has disappeared anybody know what's happened to it?

Think it’s just going under a period of refurbishment. It disappeared entirely but now for shipping containers appear to being turned into a larger establishment.

It reopened yesterday morning ??