Greystones sec mod school

Hi

I'm researching a family tree for a friend of my parents - Trevor Biggin. He went to Greystones Intermediate School from 1948 to 1952. Does anyone remember him?

Cheers

Liz

Hello Wendy. Not been on the Forum long and just seen your thread. I was at Greystones and left in 1959, so a bit before you. Carol Whiting was my cousin and she had a brother called David. Her dad, my uncle Bernard used to keep the Vine on Hodgson Street. My best mate at the time was Christine Marsh and she used to live opposite in the end house on Hodgson street. Long gone now, like a lot of the Sheffield I used to know and love.

Hi Janet, It's Carol Storey formally Whiting your cousin. Me and David are well and we still live together. Would be good to hear from you if poss have you got an e-mail address I could contact you on xx

HI hi can remember a david smith lived down below star pictures in a yard across from a corner shop on renton steet my gran was allways stood on corner looking for me dave

that is the same David my brother

---------- Post added 14-08-2017 at 23:05 ----------

Hi Janet, It's Carol Storey formally Whiting your cousin. Me and David are well and we still live together. Would be good to hear from you if poss have you got an e-mail address I could contact you on xx

I remember you and your brother although you are a year or so older than me, you used to go to the Pomona Street youth club. I had quite a few friends that lived near the pub who also went to Greystones long lost touch though it would be nice to here from them. My name then was Sheila Smith

Jonathan Smith here again. Musing with my schoolfriend and now brother in law Dave Buffrey about names of classmates.

We went to Greystones in 1954. A few boys names still missing and very many girls.

We were forcibly deprived of our lovely girls in 1956. Those blue, green, red or yellow check summer dresses still evoke very fond memories. Instead of maturing alongside the girls to form normal friendships we became socially awkward and shy as we were moved to an all male school at Rowlinson.

1    Bob    Alcock                Anne    Ford
2    Terry    Austin                Patricia Turley    
3    Jonathan    Beech                Carol    Middleton
4    Alex    Biggin                Judith    Wragg
5        Booker                Andrea    Nunwick
6    Hedley    Brown                Hilary    Ward
7    Steve    Bryant                    
8    David    Buffrey                    
9    Roger    Clark                    
10    Frank    Cooper                    
11    Richard    Crookes                    
12    Clive    DeBruyn                    
13    Higgins    Derek                    
14    Peter    Godwin                    
15    Richard    Goodman                    
16    Luther    Gregory                    
17    David    Hague                    
18    John    Heath                    
19    David    Hill                    
20    Roger    Knight                    
21    Terry    Knowles                    
22    David    Mellor                    
23    Tery    Newton                    
24    Michael    Pennington                    
25        Satterthwaite                    
26    John     Siddall                    
27    John    Siddall                    
28    John    Siddall                    
29    Jonathan    Smith                    
30    Rodney    Smith                    
32    Geoffrey    Smith                    
31    Michael    Smith                    
32    Dave    Stringer                    
33    Keith    Timm                    
34    ???    Townsend                    
35    Stuart    Walsh                    
36    Steve    Wilfin                    
37    Peter     Willey                    
38    John    Westry                    
39    David     Southern                    

Rowlinson    """Percy"""    Vere       

11 hours ago, steve darwent said:

Anybody from class of 66 .

11 hours ago, steve darwent said:

Anybody from class of 66 .

Harland road ?

Havn't looked at this forum for a long time. I was at Greystones Sec Mod 58-62 - then Granville College for a year.

I was among a few kids - along with Judith Wilkes, Eileen Sygrove to name a couple, who came from CaterKnowle Junior School (where most passed the 11 plus). I think because of where we came from we were considered a bit snobby - far from it.

My name was Pauline Spittlehouse back then and remember most of the teachers mentioned before: Harrison, Wragg, Turly, Hornsey, Renshaw, Manifield,  etc etc. Names I remember in my year were the two above plus Sylvia Bolton, Sandra Raines, Jennifer Johnson, Christine Sheldon, Hedley ???, Jean Liversedge, Barbara  Garfitt and people I can see but can't remember their names.

I was in Class 1A, 2B,  3A and 4A.  I also remember a girl called Ann and again I can't remember her second name but I do remember she worked in the evenings with a magician and was the lady in the act  who was sawn in half. Anyone remember her name?

On 30/04/2020 at 11:59, pvc123 said:

Havn't looked at this forum for a long time. I was at Greystones Sec Mod 58-62 - then Granville College for a year.

I was among a few kids - along with Judith Wilkes, Eileen Sygrove to name a couple, who came from CaterKnowle Junior School (where most passed the 11 plus). I think because of where we came from we were considered a bit snobby - far from it.

My name was Pauline Spittlehouse back then and remember most of the teachers mentioned before: Harrison, Wragg, Turly, Hornsey, Renshaw, Manifield,  etc etc. Names I remember in my year were the two above plus Sylvia Bolton, Sandra Raines, Jennifer Johnson, Christine Sheldon, Hedley ???, Jean Liversedge, Barbara  Garfitt and people I can see but can't remember their names.

I was in Class 1A, 2B,  3A and 4A.  I also remember a girl called Ann and again I can't remember her second name but I do remember she worked in the evenings with a magician and was the lady in the act  who was sawn in half. Anyone remember her name?

Hi there, I was at Greystones for about 4years  after being at St, Mathias  ,and I left in 1959. I recognize lots of the names . Some other names  to think  of , Alan Thornhill ,(bundy) Peter Dutton ,Michael Pegg ,Betty Pearson ,Now Betty Bingham  ( I met her again in 1982 when I emigrated to Ontario Canada. Small World )Rita Gambles , Rita Mckay ?? and yes Joan Titman lived on Pearl Street same as me.  I was known as Graham at school . all the best Alan.