Anyone heard of 'vamp'???

my lasses dads mate (honestly) was at a pub in skeggy last week and the dj played a song he liked and he asked who it was by and he replied 'vamp, theyre a sheffield band' - anyhow he asked me if i had heard of them and the cd it was off entitled 'screwed'....ive lived in sheffield ten years and i havent the foggiest. anyone out there help me at all?????

I remember Transvision Vamp.

Years ago I was in HMV at the top of Fargate and Wendy James the lead singer of Transvision Vamp came in, she was very tasty looking.

I was just going to nask about this group when I saw this post.

I went down to the Broadfield on Friday 5 June and Vamp were on, what a fabulous group, but can I find out owt about them ?

Can I heck.

There's nothing on the internet that I can find so lets be knowing if anyone Knows owt.

Thank's.

According to this revue, they're actually a Barnsley-based covers band.

http://www.newroscoe.co.uk/review.asp?ReviewID=5

They played down the New Barrack Tavern a few weeks ago, some of the walking group went and apparently a spiffing time was had by all.

Ok, thankyou Taxman and FannyMae.I have the website.

I can't see anything in the near future for the Broadfield, I will try to get to the Roscoe.

Brilliant.

Hi there, I know its been a while since this was posted but i just noticed it on google when i put vamps website in.

I am affiliated with vamp, call me their webmaster i guess.

They are a classic rock band based in south yorkshire and play all over the north of england. They play a variety of "revamped" covers from Free, the Faces, Led Zeppelin, Tito and Tarantula, and more. Call me biased but they are really good!

Their new website which I am in the process of uploading is vampmusic put a co uk after it (i am not apparently allowed to post links until i have posted 5 times) w w w vampmusic co uk connect the dots yourself ;)

If you are interested in seeing Vamp there are gig dates on the website.

Thank you for your interest in this great band!

Edited by zeganjo

Just noticed someone else has put a link to the website, however as i have remade the website with a different hosting company, the /home .cfm is no longer in play.

Hi

I am the bass player for VAMP and yes - it is an original song called 'screwed'.

We have a new website currently in build but gigs are on the new site as above!

Jayne

Edited by Jaynus

Vamp on at White Lion Heeley Sat 8 March :hihi: