Emma Dent Coad MP

Any thoughts on Anna Soubry's comments?

You answer mine and I'll answer yours.

Would probably help if you read her comments first, and then gave your own opinion.

I’ve read them. And they are being seriously misreported.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 08:52 ----------

She's just another racist anti-semite member of Labour who also happens to be an MP.

https://order-order.com/people/emma-dent-coad/

Move along, nothing to see here, business as usual.

That article is a dog whistle, and you’ve responded.

She's very foolish for quoting a constituent's comments like that. Just because someone else said them doesn't make it ok for her to use them to make a point. However as I1L2T3 points out the article does seriously misrepresent it.

She's very foolish for quoting a constituent's comments like that. Just because someone else said them doesn't make it ok for her to use them to make a point. However as I1L2T3 points out the article does seriously misrepresent it.

I agree - quotes from 2010 with no context - Usual Tory press dirty tricks.

*ENG601PM - "Move along, nothing to see here, business as usual."

*I1L2T3 - "Would probably help if you read her comments first, and then gave your own opinion."

* - See this is how it works.

Quote > Comment = Readers understand

I hope, you get the dog whistle reference.

"Dog whistle" is just another slogan that is used to avoid discussion of a topic that may prove uncomfortable.

Dent Coad comes across as a nasty piece of work; and if a Tory MP had said something similar the howls of outrage from the TV news would have been deafening.

"Dog whistle" is just another slogan that is used to avoid discussion of a topic that may prove uncomfortable.

Dent Coad comes across as a nasty piece of work; and if a Tory MP had said something similar the howls of outrage from the TV news would have been deafening.

I disagree.

Q - If Hackey Lad wanted to have a go at her why didn't he?

A1 - He wanted to provoke a discussion of racism by a Labour MP, which was delightful for him, but he did have the kahoona's to name it.

A2 - He realised that defence of racial minorities does not fit with his own opinions, and thats not what he wanted to do anyway. But, he couldn't resist a dig.

Dog-whistle politics is political messaging employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup. The phrase is often used as a pejorative because of the inherently deceptive nature of the practice and because the dog-whistle messages are frequently distasteful to the general populace. The analogy is to a dog whistle, whose high-frequency whistle is heard by dogs but inaudible to humans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

Edited by Flanker7

There's much more today. From her very own blog she called a black conservative a "token ghetto boy". That's like calling him a coconut or Uncle Tom (© Sadiq Khan). Calling him a "free-loading scumbag" isn't very parliamentary language either.

Then there's her hand drawn cartoon which brings to mind

Her letter to the Guardian suggesting that all 13 year olds should be given an "explicit sex manual".

“Whatever happened to heavy petting? Teenage sex, according to the government, your own editorial and all current debate centres exclusively on penetrative sex. Have we forgotten the delights of prolonged snogs, slow caresses, fumbling through clothing? An explicit manual on heavy petting could be given to all 13-year-olds. Embrace the joys of sex; avoid the dangers.”

I hope that you don't need more to decide that she's not suitable material to fairly represent people of all types, colours, class and creed. At the very least she has poor judgement but I would suggest that she's just a nasty piece of work.

Like Jared O'Mara there will probably be more revelations tomorrow.

No it’s not just another slogan.

See the Russian’s twitter manipulation of the Westminster Bridge attack for reference.

I want to discuss Dent Coad’s comments, and her reimagined Tory logo as well.

Not avoiding anything

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 12:36 ----------

I disagree.

A1 - He wanted to provoke a discussion of racism by a Labour MP, which was delightful for him, but he did have the kahoona's to name it.

A2 - He realised that defence of racial minorities does not fit with his own opinions, and thats not what he wanted to do anyway. But, he couldn't resist a dig.

Dog-whistle politics is political messaging employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup. The phrase is often used as a pejorative because of the inherently deceptive nature of the practice and because the dog-whistle messages are frequently distasteful to the general populace. The analogy is to a dog whistle, whose high-frequency whistle is heard by dogs but inaudible to humans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

Exactly. Dog whistles are designed to manufacture indignation and rage.

The OP is a good example, it relies on cursory knowledge of the facts usually gained from provocative social media and media headlines, and was designed to inspire a right wing anti-Labour love-in thread

Any thoughts on Anna Soubry's comments?

You answer mine and I'll answer yours.

I dont know what Anna Soubrys comments are/were .

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 22:21 ----------

I disagree.

A1 , partly correct . A2 Wrong (until the last sentence , which is right ) . If this was a tory saying these things , the usual suspects would be all over it . It works both ways

Edited by hackey lad