Malta v England

Well that first half was awful.

England running into a brick wall and no idea how to get through them or round them.

ha ha ha , just heard ex England captain Terry butcher on the radio , he said " Malta are no mugs" . Seriously ,has he had a look at their record :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I cleaned the kitchen and listened to it on 5live and it felt like a waste of my ears. I cannot for the life of me understand why people will use their annual leave, spend money on travel and/or hotels and buy a ticket to watch that. England have been tedious to watch for a lot of years. I could stand plucky losses or even losing penalty shootouts against better teams -but yawnsville 90 mins against part time cloggers - I'd rather watch paint dry.

I watched it although found myself channel hopping at times,was truly dreadful.

I would like to see some positivity tonight,but it's hard to see when we are devoid of any midfielders who can run the game.

Jack Wilshire showed promise ,but absolutely no one since Gascoigne.

It's alright playing possession football when you've got a Pirlo or Iniesta to receive the ball and use it.

We haven't got a player that can take the ball in a tight position and make space.

We don't just play the ball sideways and back,we actually pass behind the receiving player to give him a couple of yards to control it.

All momentum is lost and there is nothing to pull the opposition apart.

We might just as well lump the ball into the opponents penalty area and at least create a few chances,until such time as we have a couple of class midfielders.

I would like to see some positivity tonight,but it's hard to see when we are devoid of any midfielders who can run the game.

Jack Wilshire showed promise ,but absolutely no one since Gascoigne.

It's alright playing possession football when you've got a Pirlo or Iniesta to receive the ball and use it.

We haven't got a player that can take the ball in a tight position and make space.

We don't just play the ball sideways and back,we actually pass behind the receiving player to give him a couple of yards to control it.

All momentum is lost and there is nothing to pull the opposition apart.

We might just as well lump the ball into the opponents penalty area and at least create a few chances,until such time as we have a couple of class midfielders.

We sort of do that against better opposition. Pass it along the back four, back to a central defender who passes it forward to a midfielder who passes it back first time. Central defender then lumps it upfield. Rinse, repeat. Its tedious.

These sorts of games are just rubbish. Malta are mainly part timers who want to keep the score down, England only looked anything like when Malta tired. Waste of TV airtime.