West Yorkshire Windows

Anyone had any dealings with West Yorkshire Windows. They took over Wentworth Conservatories a few months ago. Just wondered if anyone had a conservatory or windows off them and what they thought of the standard of work and aftercare.

They have nothing to do with Wentworth at all, they are just a company based in Wakefield.

West Yorkshire Windows / Weatherglaze - steer clear!!!!!!!

I'm looking to get windows and french doors done and I've had a quote from West Yorkshire Windows and Sheffield Window Centre and I'm deciding which to go with. I was wanting some feedback on west yorks windows from anyone who has had work done by them. Can anyone offer advice?

Just had doors fitted by West Yorkshire Windows and very pleased with finish - just a heads up had to stand our ground with the company - was not the fitters fault but they did not appear to have the same information that we had agreed with surveyor perhaps some misunderstanding............... But all in all a very good job done

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 22:03 ----------

Had our windows fitted by Sheffield Window Centre and could not fault them at all

stay clear had a job done and

the windows steamed up still waiting for them to come and refit

Have you tried ford windows on catley road sheffield they are very very good quality and prices too

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 13:30 ----------

heard of two other people with that same problem psyko have you had any joy getting them to come back out and sort the problem ?

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 13:36 ----------

Oh Viv if you do want another quote from ford windows who i would highly recommend call this number 0114 2617519 and ask for Courtney say steve law gave you the number and i recommended them for the quality and price of there products you never know mention my name you may even get a discount

I had a v bad experience with them. They basically glued the windows in and made a total hash of the porch and when challenged were extremely aggressive. Apparently this is the industry standard tho (being aggressive). I hate window companies.

I had a v bad experience with them. They basically glued the windows in and made a total hash of the porch and when challenged were extremely aggressive. Apparently this is the industry standard tho (being aggressive). I hate window companies.

Me Too, originally the back door would not close properly, it was off centre and crooked. Only after 4 visits (and the door frame replaced) did it finally fit (we held the money back until it was done).

Two years later we had a break in and the door panel was kicked in and they just simply crawled in and randsacked the house. We had the high security locks fitted etc on front and back doors. The Police came (to do fingerprints) and found two small shoe prints from a 'plimsole' type shoe. They panel was not damaged and gave way with two small kicks. At 4.15 pm we phoned the WY Windows and they said all the fitters had gone home and it would be tomorrow before anyone would phone back. We had to get an insurance guy out to fit the panel back as best he could (it was -2 oC outside and was freezing in the house). The next day a WY guy came out kicked the door a few times and said he didnt know how it could happen. Told us to send pictures to Colin who was the branch manager. When my partner phoned to ask about the 'secturity' form we got signed from them he was not interested and very abusive, and said 'if someone threw a brick through your window would you expect us to fix it ?'.

Brilliant customer service , errrr no I dont think so. His final comment was , 'yes we can fix it but you will have to pay'. Quality people, NOT, please avoid at all costs.

Martin - PS please contact for pictures to see how easy the door gave way.

West Yorkshire Windows / Weatherglaze - steer clear!!!!!!!

West Yorkshire Windows - what a joke outfit.

Originally the back door would not close properly, it was off centre and crooked. Only after 4 visits (and the door frame replaced) did it finally fit (we held the money back until it was done).

Two years later we had a break in and the door panel was kicked in and they just simply crawled in and randsacked the house. We had the high security locks fitted etc on front and back doors. The Police came (to do fingerprints) and found two small shoe prints from a 'plimsole' type shoe. They panel was not damaged and gave way with two small kicks. At 4.15 pm we phoned the WY Windows and they said all the fitters had gone home and it would be tomorrow before anyone would phone back. We had to get an insurance guy out to fit the panel back as best he could (it was -2 oC outside and was freezing in the house). The next day a WY guy came out kicked the door a few times and said he didnt know how it could happen. Told us to send pictures to Colin who was the branch manager. When my partner phoned to ask about the 'secturity' form we got signed from them he was not interested and very abusive, and said 'if someone threw a brick through your window would you expect us to fix it ?'.

Brilliant customer service , errrr no I dont think so. His final comment was , 'yes we can fix it but you will have to pay'. Quality people, NOT, please avoid at all costs.

Martin - PS please contact for pictures to see how easy the door gave way.

We had a conservatory built by them and I had to with hold payment. Ended up getting the job completed by one of the senior fitters who was quitting due to the amount of complaints.

Got it sorted in the end but it wasn't easy

hi i be happy to quote ta jeff we just finished another house full of windows for another forum customer ta jeff