No more nuisance calls

Hi Spider here trying to help forum users as usual but some say i dont .

Am on sky talk and joined Sky Shield 4 days ago they stopped all nuisance calls

not had one since. Stops all autamated machine calls the lot brilliant. Very easy to work and understand but then i am a know all .

Only down side they make you sign on an 18 month contract but they knocked

£40 a month off my bill wife loves it :hihi::hihi:

BT have a similar service called BT Call Protect, its been running since January 2017. There are two options Free and Subscription, the subscription gives you a little more control. I have the free service.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/phone/call-protect/?s_cid=con_FURL_callprotect&s_intcid=con_intban_dmedia_content_cp3

I have BT Call Protect, which works wonders, which begs me to think "How can buying a Call protect phone or Paying for Sky shield work: without some EXCHANGE jiggery-pokery" That being the case surly they could solve the problem for the whole country without it costng us a penny.

I’m with the Telephone Preference Service but still get nuisance calls. I do know the TPS don’t stop calls from abroad, buy these latest ones aren’t from abroad.:suspect:

I’m with the Telephone Preference Service but still get nuisance calls. I do know the TPS don’t stop calls from abroads but these latest ones aren’t from abroad.:suspect:

The new sky shield stops every thing and is free to anyone with sky talk dont need any special phones absolutely great ./ Used to get 6 a day a lot of cold calling as well no more magic :hihi::hihi:

Edited by esme
quote tags

I never get any of these calls, though it's probably because I don't have a phone plugged in the landline....

I never answer any number that's not in my mobile, just look the number up to see if it's an official number (i.e.hospital or some such), and then block it if it's not.

If I have to give a phone number I just give them the number for my wife's mobile phone. I can justify this because we're not allowed to use our mobiles whilst at work. :hihi:

I may get one every 5-6 weeks on the mobile.

I don’t have a landline and I don’t know if I get these nuisance calls on my mobile as I never have the volume or vibrate on.

It annoys my wife so much when I don’t answer her calls:)

Regarding the call blocking services described in this thread, how are with-held numbers dealt with? The reason I ask is because my doctors surgery with-hold the number when calling. I am. not sure about hospitals.They cannot leave a message if I ignore with-held numbers. I choose not to have voice mail set up on the mobile.

Regarding the call blocking services ot described in this thread, how are with-held numbers dealt with? The reason I ask is because my doctors surgery with-hold the number when calling. I am. not sure about hospitals.They cannot leave a message if I ignore with-held numbers. I choose not to have voice mail set up on the mobile.

Any numbers you do not want blocking make a list dial the number press star now allowed through . If a strange number calls and you want to let it through press one then star this is now on your favourite list and will get through every time . if you want it blocking one then hash blocked. You can unblock a number easy/ or see list of [ let through ] favourite on line easy or listen on your phone

It recognises machine calls and they are blocked at source

Edited by spider1

But how do the procedures you have just described cater for a withheld number coming in:huh:? Am I missing something?

But how do the procedures you have just described cater for a withheld number coming in:huh:? Am I missing something?

If the number has been blocked by you phone will not let it through unless you unblock it :hihi:

The way it works all numbers not on your block list or star list [ favourite ] have to ask your permission to come in . So a number from nigeria will not call because they know you will not accept them as you will block them straight away

Edited by spider1

I was thinking of calls coming in from a Rotherham GP surgery which are always withheld numbers.