Are we being brainwashed ready for US takeover?

Noticed on Pointless yesterday one of the questions was on naming US state capitals. Isn't that what american schoolchildren have to know as part of their geography lessons? They never ask anyone to name provincial capitals in France or Germany. Hmmmm???

The invasion began a long time ago... just look at what's happened on the high street over the last 30 years or so!

Noticed on Pointless yesterday one of the questions was on naming US state capitals. Isn't that what american schoolchildren have to know as part of their geography lessons? They never ask anyone to name provincial capitals in France or Germany. Hmmmm???

As an avid Pointless viewer, I've seen questions on provincial capitals of Germany, Argentina, South Africa.

I think you're suffering with a bout of confirmation bias.

American culture has permeated British life since the 1950's really.

Well before then if you include jazz, big bands and Hollywood films, followed by the rock'n'roll phenomenon. The consumption of it can largely be avoided though if you select your programmes, music and reading matter. And don't wear jeans.

So the Americans are interested in launching rockets from UK soil. I dare say billions of pounds of inferstructure will be required, a massive investment. You say rockets I say missiles (sorry missls) a launch pad is a launch pad...

---------- Post added 24-11-2017 at 07:35 ----------

This mornings headlines on the BBC website are about Teresa May warning the EU about the threat posed by Russia. Strangely enough along the same lines as Donald Trump. Whether the threat is real or not, I don't know. But creating a common enemy with the US and warning the EU (as if they haven't noticed) makes it a little easier for Great Britain to be the ideal place for the US to base itself and protect us from the threat of the great bear, which could of course influence the European Union and make them the enemy, because they clearly have no idea whats going on???

There have been 50 people killed in a massive fire in a shopping centre in Russia this weekend. Many children. On the BBC today on Five Live it wasn't the top story, l almost didn't catch it it was on so short. No reports from the scene. No "expert" opinion. Had the fire been in the US you bet your "bottom dollar" it would have been.

There have been 50 people killed in a massive fire in a shopping centre in Russia this weekend. Many children. On the BBC today on Five Live it wasn't the top story, l almost didn't catch it it was on so short. No reports from the scene. No "expert" opinion. Had the fire been in the US you bet your "bottom dollar" it would have been.

It was on BBC breakfast with reports from the scene.

I haven't seen the BBC news only listened on Five Live but I have seen the website where it is tucked away in a corner. And once again I say that if this was in the US the BBC would be all over it by now

Absolutely horrible.

They cared more about Australia cheating cricket than this insane fire on radio this morning.

I haven't seen the BBC news only listened on Five Live but I have seen the website where it is tucked away in a corner. And once again I say that if this was in the US the BBC would be all over it by now

It’s front page news on the BBC website.

But yes, it may have had even more coverage had it happened in America, but that’s to be expected as we do have closer ties to America than to Russia.

It's on the top row so to speak on the website.

The US Presidential dalliances with an adult film star is lower down.

I guess your claim will have to wait until there's a shopping centre fire in the US, so we can compare.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Here we go with the Anti Russian sentiment conspiracy garbage. The fire happened late last night, i posted a link at 10.59 last night as it was breaking news, as you may be aware its then night time and things do take longer at nights, despite news being 24 hour these days. Also Russia is one of the most secretive and hardest countries to work in, specially at the moment id be surprised if we still had journalists in the country?

32 minutes ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43531684