Muslim country moves to ban burqa and Islamic veils in public places

Kamal Ataturk banned the burka in Turkey a hundred years ago
Erdogan lifted the hijab ban in 2013 for civilians, February this year for soldiers.

It's a fairly old thread, so I haven't read all posts, but I have always had the thought, how is it possible to interact socially or converse with anyone properly if their face is covered ?

Sign language?

I saw a woman in primark trying on a onesie (on the shop floor not in the changing room) with a black veil covering her face. At a women only 10k race this I also saw two Asian women wearing a garment similar to wetsuit covering them head to foot. It was a hot day in the middle of summer. I do not believe that any woman should be obliged to wear such garments in the name of 'modesty'. There is middle ground between prancing around in mini skirts and cropped tops and obsessing about covering every inch of a woman's body for fear of driving passing males wild with desire..

It's a fairly old thread, so I haven't read all posts, but I have always had the thought, how is it possible to interact socially or converse with anyone properly if their face is covered ?

I don't like them as they are a good disguise, how do we know that it's not guy with ulterior motives, under all that gear? lol :suspect:

Sign language?

You still need a lot of facial expressions when using sign language

Only if you're Rowan Atkinson:hihi:

Ban it then. Its the only way really. It comes from a hostile ideology that is stuck so far in the past its unreal.