Advice on new car please.

My car has been written off following someone running into the back of me.

I’ve got a couple of choices and wondered what other people’s advice and experience is.

I drive quite a few miles each week because of my job.

I’ve seen two possible cars. Both are 16 plates. Both are the same price. Both have the same engine, internal spec such as satnav. One is a Kia Picanto from a main dealer. The other is a Nissan Micra from Motorpoint in Sheffield. What do you think? What have been your experiences?

Thanks

My car has been written off following someone running into the back of me.

I’ve got a couple of choices and wondered what other people’s advice and experience is.

I drive quite a few miles each week because of my job.

I’ve seen two possible cars. Both are 16 plates. Both are the same price. Both have the same engine, internal spec such as satnav. One is a Kia Picanto from a main dealer. The other is a Nissan Micra from Motorpoint in Sheffield. What do you think? What have been your experiences?

Thanks

Out of those two I'd go for the Kia

I test drove a Picanto in 2015. Seemed like a good little fun car to drive.

A 2016 Micra would have been assembled outside the EU (several locations), and a 2016 Picanto would have been assembled in South Korea, so new parts for either model might get expensive after March 2019 in case of WTO tariffs.

You might want to look at UK-made cars instead, but there's only Minis that I can think of in that segment ('city car'). Sizing upwards a little, there would be the Nissa Juke, Honda Civic and Toyota Auris to pick from.

My OH gets a Kia Picanto as a courtesy car when her Ceed is getting warranty repairs or servicing done. Not a bad little car, quite roomy. The only drawback is the petrol one seems to guzzle fuel. If you're getting the Kia warranty you'll be fine.

Is it 7 or 10 years warranty on the Kia's now??

I assume it's transferable on a second-hand purchase (double check though)

7 and yes:

http://www.kia.com/uk/innovation/7-year-warranty/faqs/

Its a really good warranty too. My OH's clutch started slipping. No big drama because it had reached the age and mileage when it would happen.

But during inspection at Kia they noticed a minor oil leak dripping onto the clutch housing.

No quibbling, they fixed the leak and replaced the clutch and DMF all under warranty, and did some other upgrades at the same time.