Understanding the universe.

LOL theres just been a flat earth conference

https://www.space.com/38828-flat-earthers-first-conference.html

It's nice to see that the guest speakers are Youtube Z-listers and other online conspiracy fans, I mean, it'd ruin the excitement if there were any physicists there.

I hear they're replacing next year's Crufts judges with cats.

Edited by RootsBooster

I thought MAC33 had gone quiet recently - perhaps he was in attendance..

it was in the US, would he be able to make it without falling off the edge?

Interesting NASA 2017 Hurricane simulation ( well I think it's interesting )

Interesting NASA 2017 Hurricane simulation ( well I think it's interesting )

but its flat :o

It's a relief to know we're all automata, with no personal responsibility though, I must say.

It's a relief to know we're all automata, with no personal responsibility though, I must say.

Whether everything is running like clockwork and can't be changed, whether free will is simply an illusion, that doesn't alter personal responsibility.

Because feeling responsible is part of the chemical/electrical dance, as are the consequences of actions you take.

Even if we ultimately determine that there is no such thing as free will and that the entire universe was predestined from the moment it started, we still have to behave like we have free will, because the universe is so complex that we can't possibly predict even our own actions, never mind the behaviour of the entire system.

is one of his previous test attempts. Debris from the roccket appears to have shredded the parachute.

Wow, he could have gone higher in a helicopter... And a lot safer. He didn't appear to get more than a few hundred feet off the ground... There are taller buildings he could simply go up in an elevator!