Is A Student Union Chicken-Shop Tour Racist?

Yes I've the power to do that..

talking literally what made you dream up That for a username???

My own free will and the ability to call myself what I want within the regulations of the forum. Just like you did. It's nice when you have the ability to do things like that isn't it, to form opinions and have freedom without someone trying to ban things just because they don't like it..

the only racial thing about it is the fact that "most" chicken shops are owned and ran by generally asian people, etc

If you go down the wicker most always were, i presume it hasnt changed, same in Boro down Linthorpe road, and yes they are known for being a little more run down than the wealthier places, such as say ecclesall road or broomhill.

On a side note to the classist issue plenty of students also live in more ethnically diverse places such as pitsmoor, sharrow, nether edge etc

like has been said, a total none story written by a sheet of toilet roll to cause hatred

I know the area very well .. this story isn't a one off .. London and the South is a different country to up here.. there's genefrication of certain areas especially East London that's becoming a long running battle for residents. this kind of classist bs,seeing how the other half live story is part and parcel of it.

Not really how the other half live is it. The students are some of the best and most loyal customers of the chicken shops, especially when drunk

Why is someone visiting a fried chicken shop racist at any level? Or classist for that matter?

If they want to make it a race thing, then all they are doing is trying to reduce integration surely - you can't come to 'our' places because you are the wrong colour - equally the same applies if they are trying to make a class thing about it. Drivel.

---------- Post added 27-09-2017 at 17:28 ----------

Banning a media outlet that has a differing viewpoint to yours.. lovely :loopy:

If you're taking middle class white and oriental- students on a Safari type tour of the remaining poor African people in fried chicken shops there's definitely racist undertones.

If you're taking middle class white and oriental- students on a Safari type tour of the remaining poor African people in fried chicken shops there's definitely racist undertones.

A: are they all middle class and oriental?

B: is it really a safari or just like a pub crawl (but chicken shops instead)?

C: are they going to gawp at african people, or to eat the product?

if so its not racial in the slightest :roll:

Apparently they are middle class .. according to che gill scot heron et al..

If you know that area it is dirt poor its ghetto land.. and 95% afro carribean- Peckham/New cross gate... or it used to be a few years bk.. probably aint been gentrified as yet..

Guest makapaka

Stop being drawn in - read the article - it’s shybo

A: are they all middle class and oriental?

B: is it really a safari or just like a pub crawl (but chicken shops instead)?

C: are they going to gawp at african people, or to eat the product?

if so its not racial in the slightest :roll:

A: Mostly.

B: Yes exactly like a safari, but animals with black people.

C: Both, Middle-class left-wing whites and now many orientals love having their own victimised pets to nurture and claim victimisation for.

A: Mostly.

B: Yes exactly like a safari, but animals with black people.

C: Both, Middle-class left-wing whites and now many orientals love having their own victimised pets to nurture and claim victimisation for.

The irony. Unless you own said chicken shop, it's exactly what you are doing.

I've been on holiday to Gambia, and when there a bunch of us employed a guide to safely show us the local sites (yes, including the crocodiles). One day he took us to a shanty town and market so we could buy some of the local produce and meet his family. Was I racist for doing so?

The irony. Unless you own said chicken shop, it's exactly what you are doing.

I've been on holiday to Gambia, and when there a bunch of us employed a guide to safely show us the local sites (yes, including the crocodiles). One day he took us to a shanty town and market so we could buy some of the local produce and meet his family. Was I racist for doing so?

You could be racist yes, but these chicken-shop tours have a patronising snobbishness about them "lets show middle-class whites and orientals what poor black people's food is"