Mankers a sheffield word

In the 70,s and 80,s at two Sheffield pups on a friday night every other person you met seemed to be manking. one of these pubs was on Abbey Lane and the other on Cemetary Road i never understood what this manking was all about any thoughts.

I thought manking was the same as bonking

I've heard of manky but not manking. :?

No Shaz this was Mankin or manking and it usualy involved members of the opposite sex looking into each others eyes while getting pushed about in the two most crowded pubs you have ever been in in your life one was the Royal Oak on Cemetary Road, and the other The Rising Sun on Abbbey Lane.

I thought manking was the same as bonking

How dare you manking was serious .

How dare you manking was serious .

Made me chuckle this. My Mum used to use this word, EG: "him at the bottom of road is mankin with her who lives roundt corner." Not only used in the places you say though.

Made me chuckle this. My Mum used to use this word, EG: "him at the bottom of road is mankin with her who lives roundt corner." Not only used in the places you say though.

Well thats interesting perhaps there was more of these mankers about than i realised .

Well thats interesting perhaps there was more of these mankers about than i realised .

Randy mankers :hihi:

Or , when I was a teen, on my way out of the door, she'd say "and don't you be mankin up gennel, wit lads while youre out!":hihi:

Or , when I was a teen, on my way out of the door, she'd say "and don't you be mankin up gennel, wit lads while youre out!":hihi:
:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

In the 70,s and 80,s at two Sheffield pups on a friday night every other person you met seemed to be manking. one of these pubs was on Abbey Lane and the other on Cemetary Road i never understood what this manking was all about any thoughts.

I think you mean getting involved with girls, sex and so forth i.e. MANKING ABOUT.

I think you mean getting involved with girls, sex and so forth i.e. MANKING ABOUT.

So that was what it was all about a bit of hows yer father .