Wireless printer

Hello. Looking at getting a new wireless printer. Any recommendations. Need one that takes cheaper ink the price of original is ridiculous.

Can't go wrong with Epson. You can pick up a WiFi model for around 50/60 quid

The software will moan about using cheaper inks when you install them but you can just clear the error message.

I have a XP-422. I use cheap inks. 4 full sets for about 14 quid from ebay

As above get an Epson but with one caveat.. don't allow any firmware software updates for the printer as that sometimes can stop compatible chipped cartridges working. Also check the cost of compatible cartridges and their capacity for a given printer before buying.

Hello. Thanks for the replies. Thats how my Epson xp 205 has died, i updated the firmware now it tells me i've not got Epson ink and thats it. Think i'm ready for a new one anyway. Looking at the XP -422 but it has some poor reviews on Amazon

Hello. Thanks for the replies. Thats how my Epson xp 205 has died, i updated the firmware now it tells me i've not got Epson ink and thats it. Think i'm ready for a new one anyway. Looking at the XP -422 but it has some poor reviews on Amazon

I have a 345 all-in-one (as most seem to be) which is fine and am using replacement cartridges from internet-ink.com, enter.. GIVEME10 for 10%off. Probably can get them cheaper but I've used this place for years and found the cartridges to be reliable and the ink quality good.

Had to reinstall it twice though as being wireless I messed it up first go.. :)

How about a wired printer that's plugged directly into your router (if you have one).

That way you're not restricted to just a wireless printer?

I've had no issues with my 422. Mrs runs a disability support group and is always printing posters and flyers.

I've also printed off all of our wedding stationery, invites, envelopes table card etc.

All heavy uses.

How about a wired printer that's plugged directly into your router (if you have one).

That way you're not restricted to just a wireless printer?

Wireless printers can also be plugged in to a USB port as well, its just that they also give you the option of wireless.

I would never go back to a printer that takes ink cartridges. Had 3 from new over a period of years.

Got a Samsung (wired) laser printer-extremely reliable . The toner cartridge last ages. I am not a heavy user but I got 5 years from the original that came with it. They don't dry up like inks do.