Transgender Weightlifter Controversy

Where do people stand on transgenderism in sport? Seen this today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/43688627

'She' claims that she doesn't have an advantage due to reduced testosterone and the fact she's only won silver previously. In 2014 she competed as a man, so surely that will give some advantage when now competing against women.

Are hormone levels a good enough excuse to allow something like this, despite what the organisations say?

I doubt that her hormone treatment will make her bones more feminine or her heart smaller, I think she should not be allowed to compete.

hahaha i knew this was gonna make an appearence

hahaha i knew this was gonna make an appearence

I knew you would be harbouring one to make an appearance on the thread, do you have an opinion ?

I doubt that her hormone treatment will make her bones more feminine or her heart smaller, I think she should not be allowed to compete.

Which University gave you those medical qualifications Dr Mickey? I think you've been had good and proper.

Which University gave you those medical qualifications Dr Mickey? I think you've been had good and proper.

So politically correct, do those blinkers interfere with your sleep patterns .

I knew you would be harbouring one to make an appearance on the thread, do you have an opinion ?

not really i just enjoy watching you lot squirming round in circles

not really i just enjoy watching you lot squirming round in circles

Me and Halibut, sounds bent.

You must at least have some opinion, make it better than the one you made on the Winnie Mandella thread, that one obliterated your last shred of credibility.

Edited by mickey finn

The personal comment can end now.

Thank you.

So politically correct, do those blinkers interfere with your sleep patterns .

Nothing to do with PC. If people are talking about stuff it helps if they've got some useful or expert knowledge. Your comment clearly had neither.

Me and Halibut, sounds bent.

You must at least have some opinion, make it better than the one you made on the Winnie Mandella thread, that one obliterated your last shred of credibility.

you dont need to worry now, shes withdrawn through "injury" ;)

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/sport/weightlifter-laurel-hubbard-withdraws-from-games-with-injury/ar-AAvEO9R

Good, although not good shes had to do it through injury. The trouble is some people are so obsessed with being inclusive of all genders they would rather it be that way regardless of the cost to others, if there was definitive proof she would have no advantage then I'm all for it.