Tryanuary - support it!

Lots of people think it`s a good idea to go `dry` this month but there is an alternative!

https://www.tryanuary.com/

This is an initiative to support our fantastic local pubs, off licences and breweries. We`ve helped to sort out lots of events and offers in our city this month so keep a look out and give it a go. The 11th is the day that the Sheffield `champions` takeover the national twitter feed and # so that could be interesting! :)

I'll be spending January seeking out new and interesting beers to try.

Not sure that really differs from any other month, mind...

some things happening in January

10th January – Wednesday – 7.00 – Meet the Brewer event at Fox and Duck pub at Broomhill, the brewery is Little Critters and they serve their ales in this pub, also there will be bar snacks. You can catch the No 52/52a bus.

10th and 11th January – Wednesday/Thursday – Pinball machines event been going on all week at The Railway Hotel next to Bramall Lane. Serving ales as well.

11th January – Brewdog with ales from Abbeydale, Lost Industry and Steel City

18th January – Thursday – Beer bottle sharing at Ecclesall Ale Club, limited to 14 people. Event is here : https://www.facebook.com/events/1977769452547816/?active_tab=discussion

18th January – Thursday – Stillwater tap takeover at Brewdog

20th January – Tryanuary Blackjack Beer collab launch at Hope Hideout, all weekend is also all things Manchester ales.

24th January – Bath Hotel – meet the brewer with Bad Seed, FREE event (apart from the beer), register here : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bad-seed-brewery-meet-the-brewer-tasting-tickets-41822066928

19th to 31st January – Tryanuary discovery days at Hope Hideout, follow them on Twitter for showcasing different UK region, with 20% discount on that day. Available in store or online.

25th January – Thursday – Burns Night – beer, whisky and chocolate pairing at The Devonshire Cat, beer pairing with Magic Rock, register here : https://www.facebook.com/events/166637204088552

ALL JANUARY – Head of Steam doing a 25% off selected bottles, look for the red label attached to the bottle.

ALL JANUARY – Thornbridge pubs doing a “Beer of the Week” and a poster will be in each pub saying what the BOTW is. 10% off that ale.

ALL JANUARY – Neepsend Brewery doing one off special ales, look for them in Wellington, Blake Hotel, Sheaf View, ales are : Rollabout stout, Ottokar, Raki, Djanggawul, Lacuna, Pax, Zipa, Simcoe IPA.

Use the #tryanuary if you sup anything today! :)

I would if I liked/ever drank beer! Now something on these lines for wine and I'm there!

How about a beer aged in a White wine barrel with grapes? ;)

Make that a red wine barrel ?

Well.... The white wine barrel holds a dry-hopped IPA with a load of grapes

In Red wine barrels I have a stout, a chocolate cherry imperial stout, and a bretted sour Imperial stout...

Well.... The white wine barrel holds a dry-hopped IPA with a load of grapes

In Red wine barrels I have a stout, a chocolate cherry imperial stout, and a bretted sour Imperial stout...

This sounds a bit......

This sounds a bit......

Cheers Taxman, never listened to Jefferson Airplane before tonight... think maybe I've been missing something.

8.5% Raspberry stout in The Blake tonight.

Stick that up your sanctimonious "Dryanuary" bottoms.