Property Required for Rent that allows Pets

Help! We have just received notice that our Landlord wants his property back... (grr)

He's given us the proper two month notice, however, due to a lengthy holiday which he knew nothing about--- we've got a month to find, and move into a dog friendly flat/home.

It's only my partner and I + one cat-sized-dog.

Does anyone have any leads?

Strange that a landlord just suddenly wants his property back? Do they know you have a pet? Has permission been granted or is that the reason for the notice?

Strange that a landlord just suddenly wants his property back? Do they know you have a pet? Has permission been granted or is that the reason for the notice?

He says he wants to sell up! S2 is coming back!

Help! We have just received notice that our Landlord wants his property back... (grr)

He's given us the proper two month notice, however, due to a lengthy holiday which he knew nothing about--- we've got a month to find, and move into a dog friendly flat/home.

It's only my partner and I + one cat-sized-dog.

Does anyone have any leads?

You've a dog- so you must have some.

[sorry]

You've a dog- so you must have some.

[sorry]

Agh I should have seen that one coming!

Myself and my wife and our pooch desperately in need to find a property in Sheffield that will allow us to move in due to sudden changes in our circumstances.

Please can anyone help as we have found it extremely difficult to find a property that meets our needs and will allow us to move in with our dog.

Many thanks.

Edited by SHMP
Mistake

We had a similar problem with our 2 cats. I found approaching landlords directly rather than via a letting agency helped so I could explain the situation to them in person. To secure the property I am in now we offered to pay an extra £150 deposit and offered to sign an agreement stating we'd have the carpets professionally cleaned when we left. We also offered references from our previous landlord whose property we left in a pristine condition when we left.

Hope that helps! Sometimes landlords will be more flexible if you are willing to make these kind of offers.

Good luck!

Myself and my wife and our pooch desperately in need to find a property in Sheffield that will allow us to move in due to sudden changes in our circumstances.

Please can anyone help as we have found it extremely difficult to find a property that meets our needs and will allow us to move in with our dog.

Many thanks.

You should aim for a house, not a flat. Most houses are freehold or long-leasehold; whereas almost all flats are leasehold and their leases always restrict/prohibit the keeping of animals.

Many thanks for the speedy replies. We're currently contacting landlords of houses and seeing if we can set up an agreement about taking extra care etc due to having a dog.

Thanks so much for the advice, hopefully we'll get something in place sooner thank later :thumbsup:

Maybe an idea to indicate what area of Sheffield you are looking for.

Hi,

I'm wanting to move into either a one bed or two bed rental property in Sheffield, preferably s8 area eg woodseats/meersbrook/Norton or dronfield(s18). Plenty of properties but non pet friendly, I have a cat but no one accepts pets. If anybody knows of properties or landlords that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hi,

Some adverts for rental properties have in the description 'pets considered' or something similar.

I think that 'no pets' tends to be the default setting particularly when estate/letting agents are involved. This was certainly the case when I took my present rental 9 years ago as it was done through Blundells but the landlady only used them as a vehicle to get a tenancy.

Since then Blundells have not featured in the agreement and several years ago I contacted my landlady asking if she would consider allowing me to have a cat. I already knew that she was an animal lover, she knew me to be a decent tenant and she agreed that I could have a cat.

I would look on places like Gumtree and see if you can find 'pets considered' in adverts, as I say letting agents seem to have a default settting of 'no pets'.

Best of luck in finding something.