River Fishing around S6

Hi All,

Looking at going fishing in the rivers around S6, anyone advise of where is Ok to go?

cheers

an6y

river don round Leppings Lane, Claywheels Lane & possibly downstream at owlerton all fishable, but might be a bit low & slow this time of year. Mostly trout & grayling with a few coarse fish here & there

river Loxley has a few fishable pools but used to be only small brown trout in there, same used to apply to the River Rivelin but not 100% sure about either these days as I haven't fished either since I was a teenager

If you can get further downstream into Attercliffe area, lots of good stretches down there, salmon pastures immediately springs to mind & anywhere where you can access from the 5 weirs walk

Thanks dars35. had a walk down Attercliff and not sure I would feel that safe to be honest..Will give it a bash

understand that, the stretch up Claywheels Lane through Beeley woods up towards Oughtibridge can be good at times, but it's very popular with joggers & dog walkers

It's mostly grayling & trout on those stretches but you'll also get the odd perch, and very occasional chub and even barbel... I don't think they are there in significant enough numbers to specifically target them though

the stretch that runs past Meadowhell (and just upstream) looks good, but I've never fished that stretch, so couldn't offer any advice

A friend of mine who fishes weekly and worked near Washington Bridge says there is plenty of large barbel and chub all the way downstream

I would worry about security although I have walked the canal and no problems