Northern General TV

[/b]

My Bold

There is in other hospitals, and partly free at that

Priorities are different in different areas.

Personally, I would rather the funds be spent on staffing the wards adequately.

I've just come out of northern,had 12 days, one on firth ward where therre are individual TVs..at a cost of £23 for 3 days...got moved to Hatfield no individual TVs just one in day room..in January I was in chesterman ward they still have bedside TVs too...

If you're in for a while you're better off buying a TV yourself.

We can afford to provide TVs to prisoners for £1 a week so why not for hospital patients?

Boring Zzzzzzz

Boring Zzzzzzz

all the signs of being a prisoner.

Considering a lot of people in hospital are elderly, wifi and iphone connections are no earthly use at all.

I think quite a few elderly people would disagree with that. My late Dad would've loved to have been able to use his laptop for browsing and email during the 5 months he was in there.

the week i was in took tablet connected to wifi no prob good signal.was watching 2/ 3 films a day,showbox ect,none was blocked

On the 2 wards I visited (12 elderly patients altogether,) not one looked capable of working anything, much less the frustrations of wifi and the internet. These were sick old men who could barely sit up in bed. I took in a DVD player, DVDs and a tablet loaded with films for my patient (a younger man familiar with internet, but incapacitated.) He couldn't work any of them, and the nurses certainly didn't have time to help.

Recharging anything was another no go area. So much clutter, wires, tubes etc didn't leave much space for anything, couldn't even get to plugs without an extension. He was unable to read as well. Imagine 2 weeks with nothing to do but sit and look at the ceiling.

A nurse I was talking to said the over bed contraptions had proved too expensive and unworkable, and took up too much time with nurses having to explain how to work them etc.

Edited by Anna B

On the 2 wards I visited (12 elderly patients altogether,) not one looked capable of working anything, much less the frustrations of wifi and the internet. These were sick old men who could barely sit up in bed. I took in a DVD player, DVDs and a tablet loaded with films for my patient (a younger man familiar with internet, but incapacitated.) He couldn't work any of them, and the nurses certainly didn't have time to help.

Recharging anything was another no go area. So much clutter, wires, tubes etc didn't leave much space for anything, couldn't even get to plugs without an extention. He was unable to read as well. Imagine 2 weeks with nothing to do but sit and look at the ceiling.

A nurse I was talking to said the over bed contraptions had proved to expensive and unworkable, and took up too much time with nurses having to explain how to work them etc.

Governments fault :)

Governments fault :)

You can joke, but there's definately a worrying decline in care, and it's not to do with how hard the staff work. (I obviously can't go into details on a public site.)

Things are not as they should be, and that's nothing to do with TV.

You can joke, but there's definately a worrying decline in care, and it's not to do with how hard the staff work. (I obviously can't go into details on a public site.)

Things are not as they should be, and that's nothing to do with TV.

Maybe we'll see in September when the CQC publish their report after this month's spot checks eh?

the week i was in took tablet connected to wifi no prob good signal.was watching 2/ 3 films a day,showbox ect,none was blocked

Exactly so.

Free wifi at the NGH for anyone wishing to use it.

---------- Post added 19-06-2018 at 16:04 ----------

Recharging anything was another no go area. So much clutter, wires, tubes etc didn't leave much space for anything, couldn't even get to plugs without an extension. He was unable to read as well. Imagine 2 weeks with nothing to do but sit and look at the ceiling.

A nurse I was talking to said the over bed contraptions had proved too expensive and unworkable, and took up too much time with nurses having to explain how to work them etc.

Sorry - this made me choke on my coffee. What 'clutter' exactly ? Necessary wires and tubes to monitor and support the patient maybe ? :o

Perspective.

Surviving a major op. and being rid of a life threatening desease is life changing.

The world is seen with new eyes and each day becomes a blessing.

Hence, I have a slightly different view of the desire to watch East Enders.

Having woken from the op. I did have a desire to smell the coffee. Not to follow Corrie.

There is a real world out there.

Some of you should try it.