Goverment cuts for the Elderly should start with the Royals

How does a human being born 'choose' anything, pray?

First, who said that? :huh:

What I said basically is that a Royal can choose to be a Royal or give that up privilege/status and be a commoner like the rest of us. Edward VIII chose to give up some of his privileged when he abdicated in favour of Wallace Simpson.

You're letting your petty prejudice show.

What prejudice? as nothing I have said in the remotest term can be classed as prejudice. :huh: I take it you do know what prejudice is and means?

Edited by apelike

I'm not sure how it work now with the Sovereign Grant rather than the Civil list, but under the Civil List, only the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen Mother ever received direct funding.

The Prince of Wales and his immediate family (the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry) received their income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

The state duties and staff of other members of the Royal Family were funded from a parliamentary annuity, the amount of which was fully refunded by the Queen to the treasury.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_list#cite_note-Indy_Royal-4

---------- Post added 14-06-2018 at 19:08 ----------

Some people know more than others :)

Ive told you the Royals only let you know what they want you to know. :huh:

It’s not their fault, they know that if there were to be a referendum on the future of the monarchy, there would be a resounding victory in their favour. They are on very firm ground, the Labour left and the Tory right appear to love the honours system, and show little sign of reticence in respect of synchronised grovelling to these descendants of Germanic minor royals. :rolleyes:

I wonder, if you stuck the queen and her 4 offspring on a desert island, with nothing but a few basics, they'd be able to survive?

I'm sure they'd do absolutely fine, if they metamorphosised themselves back in to lizards.

---------- Post added 19-06-2018 at 03:32 ----------

Would you potentially have to give up your job and home if you wanted to marry somebody?

When did that last happen? Mrs Simpson? The family don't let customs get in the way anymore if it stops them from doing what they want.

Who would have thought Charles would have had the gall to marry Camilla?

I wonder, if you stuck the queen and her 4 offspring on a desert island, with nothing but a few basics, they'd be able to survive?

Would you? What basics are you talking about?

Do you think 99% of the general population would?

How about we stick you out there and see how you cope eh? Why single out the Royals.

Never known such a ridiculously loaded comment.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Prince Charles served in the Navy and the Royal Air Force, trained as a jet pilot, and is a qualified helicopter pilot.

Prince Andrew is a Commander and Vice Admiral of the Royal Navy, in which is served as a helicopter pilot and as a captain of warship. He also saw active service in the Falklands War, flying on multiple missions including anti-surface warfare, Exocet missile decoy, and casualty evacuation.

The government wanted to move him to desk work during the conflict, due to the threat of the Queen's son being killed in action, however they Queen insisted that her son be allowed to remain with his ship.

Prince Edward joined the Royal Marines as an officer cadet, but dropped out before completing his training.

I think all of us would struggle if we were deserted on an island with nothing but a few basics - particularly a 92 year old woman. I think however that her sons particularly would be better placed than most..

Edited by Robin-H

Some of the toughest guys that I’ve come across have been educated in public schools, I suspect that the royals are similar, I’d back Harry and William against a couple of unarmed Manor fat lads any day.

I have absolutely zero against the royals as human beings, it’s the system that I object to.

Some of the toughest guys that I’ve come across have been educated in public schools, I suspect that the royals are similar, I’d back Harry and William against a couple of unarmed Manor fat lads any day.

I have absolutely zero against the royals as human beings, it’s the system that I object to.

Did Ray Morgan and Dennis Hobson go to public schools?

Did Ray Morgan and Dennis Hobson go to public schools?

No, but they couldn’t command SAS units, tank regiments, RAF squadrons and Royal Navy ships and submarines, but then again I’m just being a bit picky. ;)

No, but they couldn’t command SAS units, tank regiments, RAF squadrons and Royal Navy ships and submarines, but then again I’m just being a bit picky. ;)

I bet the chaps in the golf club bar have all heard that one before?

The Goverment should start the cuts for the Elderly at the top. Sell Sandringham and Balmoral and all the land attached to both properties. :roll:

to be honest, the Royals are the biggest down o the country, hay they have lots of income or their own, we have the history, which people come to see not them, they don't seem to oblige like at 12 o'clock way to the public Tourism would not take a downfall if we were a republic