Dell windows tablet need reinstall windows

i have a dell windows tablet need reinstall windows again

was on windows 8 then upgradeded to w10 but lost touch on screen it works but not respond on finger properly and have to use a mouse

it wiped out w8 so i cant downgrade back to original state

just want it to work as a tablet again

not bothered if w7 w8 or w10

its just the 32gb storage model

if anybody can do this for me with a resonable price please

as im sure it not worth computer shop prices to have it done

please pm

On an older Acer tablet I had, I had the same issue.

To fix it I had to use the older touch driver. Worth a try? Don't worry if it says it's for Win 8. Obviously get the Win 10 version if there is one.

EDIT: Also, have you updated it to the latest Win10? There might be a fix included

Edited by zach

The problem is, it could take a good few hours, installing Windows is one thing, but then there's Drivers, updates, and stuff, which could take from an hour, to a good few hours depending on various factors...

I can do it, but if you're thinking too low ££ then you'll struggle to find someone

It there a sticker on it (normally on the base) with the original Win 8 key?

The problem is, it could take a good few hours, installing Windows is one thing, but then there's Drivers, updates, and stuff, which could take from an hour, to a good few hours depending on various factors...

I can do it, but if you're thinking too low ££ then you'll struggle to find someone

what price you looking at ?

---------- Post added 04-06-2018 at 18:43 ----------

its a Dell Venue 8 Pro 8in tablet worth about £80 2nd hand now

no windows sticker on it ??

---------- Post added 04-06-2018 at 18:57 ----------

says new w10 updates is out but wont download ?

says new w10 updates is out but wont download ?

That's another problem with the small built in drives. Chances are that there's no space to download the new updates. You could run Disk Clean-Up. I select all the boxes then go to the Clean up system files, I tick all of those too but be aware that it will delete all previous installs.

People have different ideas about what to keep. As I said, I select the lot and have never lost any personal files. It's always worth backing up any files you want to keep either on USB drive or on a cloud based drive (OneDrive etc) at least that way, if things go wrong you can put them back.

I did a Toshiba 8" yesterday and the same issue with space. A bit of messing about as disk clean up takes ages on them but all done now.

updates now downloaded

its got 28 gb free but still touch screen still not right

tried to recalibrate it but still hit n miss

It looks like there's drivers/Firmware for the touch on the Dell site. Windows 10 is good for drivers but it doesn't always get it right. Sometimes we have to do it the old way.

So can anybody downgrade it for me ?