Brewdog prices of beers

I always find it strange the Punk IPA is cheaper in other pubs than it is in Brewdog.

I love Brewdog, even though I know I shouldn't spend that kind of money.

The Broadfield is a much nicer pub imo,better layout decor and still a good choice of beer.

It's nowhere near it, what use is that comment?

The Punk IPA is pricey for what it is, but most of Brewdog's guest beers are reasonably priced for what they are (most of which you wouldn't quaff back in pints anyway due to the strength). OP, what sort of actual place are you looking for, for a first date? Bath Hotel is good for a traditional pub. Division Street area is chock full of more modern bars. Down the hill the Dev Cat is good for beer.

I like Brewdog. Had some great beers there but don`t do pints there. Often thirds are enough.

I always find it strange the Punk IPA is cheaper in other pubs than it is in Brewdog.

It's because BrewDog value their core customers so much they - largely correctly - assume they are conformist little fanboys who will buy anything they slap their label on. Opening their own chain of bars is essentially a captive audience. This is why many of their bars even feature a clothes rack so you can get your own checked shirt and fisherman's hat. Conformity - Punk or what!? :cool:

Nah, seriously though, we live in a world where loyalty is now abused instead of rewarded, and although BrewDog is hateable for all sorts of reasons, they are hardly alone in following this ethos.

Punk IPA is £3.99 a pint in my nearest Wetherspoons which seems reasonable if it's your favourite tipple/you are after a good beer for a good price.

It's because BrewDog value their core customers so much they - largely correctly - assume they are conformist little fanboys who will buy anything they slap their label on. Opening their own chain of bars is essentially a captive audience. This is why many of their bars even feature a clothes rack so you can get your own checked shirt and fisherman's hat. Conformity - Punk or what!? :cool:

Nah, seriously though, we live in a world where loyalty is now abused instead of rewarded, and although BrewDog is hateable for all sorts of reasons, they are hardly alone in following this ethos.

Punk IPA is £3.99 a pint in my nearest Wetherspoons which seems reasonable if it's your favourite tipple/you are after a good beer for a good price.

Not entirely true. Brewdog sell their own beer as fresh as it can be. Many will display a 'kegged on' date on the board. They believe fresh beer tastes better (unless it's a barrel aged stout of course - insert your own argument here). And they sell off old stock to the likes of Spoons etc at a hefty discount.

My local Spoons sells Punk for £3.49 against £4.89 in Brewdog. Do I think the Punk in Brewdog tastes £1.40 better? No. But then I don't go into Brewdog to drink draft Punk.

Well yeah, the freshness of the beer is another thing, but it's not like it's gone off by the time Wetherspoons are pouring it. Never going to be an extra £1.40's worth just for the difference between normal and pristine.

I think BD Sheffield has improved a bit. Recent visits have yielded some decent stuff although I`ll probably have a couple of halves and a third of something super strong.

Down the hill the Dev Cat is good for beer.

It was 5 or 10 years ago, but not so much since it's been redone as a wine and cocktail bar.

They still serve beer, but good luck getting served in under 15 minutes on a Friday night. Too busy shaking and straining green and pink concoctions to actually serve anything quickly, and no longer have as good a range or any knowledge of what beers they're selling.

It was 5 or 10 years ago, but not so much since it's been redone as a wine and cocktail bar.

They still serve beer, but good luck getting served in under 15 minutes on a Friday night. Too busy shaking and straining green and pink concoctions to actually serve anything quickly, and no longer have as good a range or any knowledge of what beers they're selling.

Knowledge is variable but the range of beer has never been better. Interior, I can understand your reservations.

The Albion at the bottom of London Road isn't bad since the last refurb. Run by local Stancil Brewery.

There own core range of beers, including Barnsley Bitter were all under £3 last time I was in there a couple of months ago. They also do a range of others, some quite pricey.