Lesser known sitcoms

Was Benson a spin off from that?

I thought Benson was a spinoff from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Could be wrong though.

I thought Benson was a spinoff from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Could be wrong though.

No Benson was definitely a spin off from Soap.

Soap was absolutely dreadful. The foam runner of all things on dumbed down television now. Yes.

Oh No It's Selwyn Froggat starring Bill Maynard

Rule Brittania which was a sort of Englishman, Welshman, Scotsman type thing.

Remember watching that as a nipper in the 1970s!

Also remember the truly dreadful 'Life Begins at 40'

was watching some Selwyn last night lol

just been watching this

Leonard Rossiter - Pygmalion Smith (1974), was just a pilot tho they never commissioned a series

Top Secret life of edgar briggs with a young David Jason.

Don't agree about Soap. It was a great show. The spin-off Benson wasn't too hot.

'Fairly Secret Army' (Ch4, mid-80's) starring Geoffrey Palmer ('Butterflies'). He plays a right-wing ex-military man setting up his own militia; loosely based on the character he played in 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin'.

I'm not sure how well-remembered 'Ripping Yarns' is compared to 'Fawlty Towers' but it's great.

There was a US thing I loved as a kid called 'Holmes & Yoyo'.

'Set of Six' by Rowland Rivron, where he plays all six grown up sextuplets in an episode each.

Not a sitcom but a comedy drama, 'Prospects' Ch.4 again, mid eighties, starring the late Gary Olsen and Brian Bovell.

Don't agree about Soap. It was a great show. The spin-off Benson wasn't too hot.

'Fairly Secret Army' (Ch4, mid-80's) starring Geoffrey Palmer ('Butterflies'). He plays a right-wing ex-military man setting up his own militia; loosely based on the character he played in 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin'.

I'm not sure how well-remembered 'Ripping Yarns' is compared to 'Fawlty Towers' but it's great.

There was a US thing I loved as a kid called 'Holmes & Yoyo'.

'Set of Six' by Rowland Rivron, where he plays all six grown up sextuplets in an episode each.

Not a sitcom but a comedy drama, 'Prospects' Ch.4 again, mid eighties, starring the late Gary Olsen and Brian Bovell.

Geoffrey Palmer played -along with Julie Dench- in 'As Time Goes Bye', not a bad show and two good actors.

Edited by stpetre
add

Geoffrey Palmer played -along with Julie Dench- in 'As Time Goes Bye', not a bad show and two good actors.

Whenever I think of Geoffrey Palmer I always think of the Fawlty Towers episode, where he is a doctor who wants his sausages, and does a routine with Manuel for a dining table lol. Absolutely hilarious.

---------- Post added 22-10-2017 at 23:43 ----------

What! No Irishman, for the punchline?:D And Selwyn with his " Magic ah Morris"

Edited by Ontarian1981