Sheffield Retail Quarter (ex-"Sevenstone") MEGATHREAD

Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an independent review of SCC's performance?

• Yes- it would be worth assessing SCC's performance
    • No - not needed / whats the point?
    • Not bothered really

OK here it is, the first Sevenstone thread. The brand new face of Sheffield. As we all know, there has been a lot of talk about Sheffield's new retail quarter (once aptly named NRQ), but now that the new name has been announced, why not place all related thoughts and stories here and put previous threads to the archives?

Something tells me that now a corporate decision has been made, the name Sevenstone is here to stay and is likely to become entrenched in the Sheffield mindset (give it time!)

Share your stories... here are my initial random thoughts.

1. Firstly, I cannot wait to see the official plans!!! How exciting, our very own high profile shopping centre to rival the best!

2. The chatter on the boards (SF included!) is bound to take an advanced leap as the scheme develops, from demolition of existing structures that get in the way to construction!

3. Can't wait for the new John Lewis, Prada Sheffield, Hugo Boss, or even Selfridges (hmmm, I know Selfidges has probably been done to death here)

4. Sevenstones - How 'fitting' (pardon the pun) - in an age of Size Zero. A headline I am surprised the Sheffield Star have not yet to run!

5. Size Zero Sheffield - does size matter?

6. All the way to the first shop opening.... although a number of years a plenty away, what brand stores does Sheffield want to see? (no more Poundland)

So in conclusion to the beginnings of a fantastic thread, here is to the Size Zero Centre (Sorry - start again), Sevenstone Sheffield, long may this new life prosper, engage us and delight us in this consumer driven age............................ I can't wait!

Your comment's here!.............................................

I was wondering if a sevenstone gathers Kate Moss. :help:

Would Kate Moss join us in the opening ceremony?

What is Size Zero in Stonesuz roughly?

Surley not the Kate Moss Shopping Centre!!!!!!

Would Kate Moss join us in the opening ceremony?

What is Size Zero in Stonesuz roughly?

Surley not the Kate Moss Shopping Centre!!!!!!

Funnily enough, Kate shed sevenstone a few weeks back, which was good to see as he wasn't healthy for her at all. And although he was rock n roll, he wasn't a Rolling Stone.

OK here it is, the first Sevenstone thread.

well almost

Do you think it looks good really?

If the pics of the Birmingham 'bullring' were anything to go by, it looks crap.

well nearly

Do you think it looks good really?

Forgive me, this is the Kate Moss size zero sheffield thread isnt it? Are the others?

Forgive me, this is the Kate Moss size zero sheffield thread isnt it? Are the others?

:hihi:

If sevenstone is as ugly as Kate Moss, we're in for a treat :thumbsup:

I am gutted that you capitalised 'sevenstone' bigflesh. :(

:hihi:

If sevenstone is as ugly as Kate Moss, we're in for a treat :thumbsup:

sleek, pert, tender and off it's face? in sheffield? now there's a vision!

I am gutted that you capitalised 'sevenstone' bigflesh. :(

sevenstone = size zero centre, sheffield.

lol!!!!!

sleek, pert, tender and off it's face? in sheffield? now there's a vision!

But I have to see and hear that every night. I should have chosen my home in a better area than the red light district.:P:):hihi:

1. Firstly, I cannot wait to see the official plans!!! How exciting, our very own high profile shopping centre to rival the best!

2. The chatter on the boards (SF included!) is bound to take an advanced leap as the scheme develops, from demolition of existing structures that get in the way to construction!

3. Can't wait for the new John Lewis, Prada Sheffield, Hugo Boss, or even Selfridges (hmmm, I know Selfidges has probably been done to death here)

4. Sevenstones - How 'fitting' (pardon the pun) - in an age of Size Zero. A headline I am surprised the Sheffield Star have not yet to run!

5. Size Zero Sheffield - does size matter?

6. All the way to the first shop opening.... although a number of years a plenty away, what brand stores does Sheffield want to see? (no more Poundland)

8. Can't wait to see the demolition of those listed buildings like the Bethel Chapel.

People say Sheffield has no interesting old buildings, that's because there's a regular cycle of knocking them down before they get to be properly old.