Do you have to have a funeral.

A friend of mine says he does not want a funeral when he dies.

He wants his body taking straight to the crematoriam and if people want a rememberance sevice without the cost of a hearse that is up to them.

Is this allowed as I believe Princess Margaret did it this way on her death.

A friend of mine says he does not want a funeral when he dies.

He wants his body taking straight to the crematoriam and if people want a rememberance sevice without the cost of a hearse that is up to them.

Is this allowed as I believe Princess Margaret did it this way on her death.

I wouldn't recommend one before he dies :hihi:

No, you don't have to have a funeral. My dad was cremated with no service whatsoever, the undertakers just took him to the crematorium. Same with my ma-in-law.

There are places on the internet where you can turn up and be eaten.

are you kidding, I want a magical funeral, its at night, candles, string quartet, big statue of me with very attractive females crying their eyes out below it, hell yeah :hihi:

but, you don't need to have a funeral.

I remember the last funeral my family went through, it cost 4k+ and it was nothing special, I remember thinking I'm so in the wrong business.

Edited by Gambler

Getting cremated is so yesterday. Why don't your friend look into something a bit more adventurous or helpful to the planet.

I remember the last funeral my family went through, it cost 4k+

Was that for a burial or cremation?

The price of a funeral isn't something that most people discuss!

There are humanist funerals where people are buried in an allocated field - although I don't know the cost or implications associated with this.

Putting the Fun in Fun-eral!!!

Funerals should be a celebration of life, not a depressing end.

The costs of funerals aren't usually discussed because the cost is often taken out of the estate of the deceased.

I've often thought about this and after attending a few funerals I've decided I wouldn't like one (the service, I mean). I'd like to just be taken straight to the crematorium and then have my ashes scattered in the places I desire (not that I'd know if they weren't!)

If they wish, my mourners are welcome to get together and have a knees up in the pub, on my behalf - I'd be happy with that! :D