Wisewood/Myers merger thread - Part 3

After having a email From "Geoff" (not sure if i can put his email on here) The merger is back open PART 3!!!

so lets keep on topic and no threats and nothing personal please!!

Keep with the facts on the merger

Thanks all:)

The judical review Is still going ahead by SOCS (Save our communities schools)

And we have now been told we have a stronger case!!! socs are just waiting for a date for this,

So. I'll get something in early. As it stands presently I understand a merger is intended to ahead, yes?

Can someone explain to me as a parent with a child going up to myers in September why this is something I should be worried about?

The judical review Is still going ahead by SOCS (Save our communities schools)

And we have now been told we have a stronger case!!! socs are just waiting for a date for this,

Why is your case stronger?

Surely someone can answer my question? If it's an issue that's capable of arousing such strong feelings there must be someone who can deal with a straightforward query?

Surely someone can answer my question? If it's an issue that's capable of arousing such strong feelings there must be someone who can deal with a straightforward query?

As a parent with a child going to Myers anyway, I don't see that you'll have much to worry about.

As a parent with a child going to Myers anyway, I don't see that you'll have much to worry about.

So what's all the fuss about then?

So what's all the fuss about then?

The fact that they are closing down a very good school (Wisewood) with no apparent reason?

The fact that this new 'super school' will NOT have enough places for all the pupils in it's catchment area?

The fact that hundreds of children will have 2 miles or more EACHWAY to travel to school?

I could go on but I'm sure others will continue to enlighten you....

well there nothing to be worried about, its 21million quid school, Id love to have gone to such a place. in stead of the dump in wisewood

well there nothing to be worried about, its 21million quid school, Id love to have gone to such a place. in stead of the dump in wisewood

You and me both spooferman! Bradfield get a new build on their site, Myers, regardless of the merger or not get a new build on their site, and Wisewood just refurbished? - have people been on this small and antiquated site? It's already a "split site" school technically, as the kids have to walk a 1/4 mile or so to the playing fields! An obsolete building despite it's superior teaching, leadership and achievement. Our kids can have the best of both worlds in a new build on the Wood Lane site - and with the breadth of curriculum that will go with it - the best of both worlds. I would just hate to think of my kids in delapidated facilities between 2 new up to date and modern facilities in Bradfield and at Myers. My kids certainly deserve better and I will be sending them to the new school in 2011, with no worries at all - modern facilities, modern and wide expansive curriculum, a 2 mile walk there every day (saves sitting behind the Xbox and gets a reason for some serious physical activity). Thumbs up to the new school! :thumbsup:

You and me both spooferman! Bradfield get a new build on their site, Myers, regardless of the merger or not get a new build on their site, and Wisewood just refurbished? - have people been on this small and antiquated site? It's already a "split site" school technically, as the kids have to walk a 1/4 mile or so to the playing fields! An obsolete building despite it's superior teaching, leadership and achievement. Our kids can have the best of both worlds in a new build on the Wood Lane site - and with the breadth of curriculum that will go with it - the best of both worlds. I would just hate to think of my kids in delapidated facilities between 2 new up to date and modern facilities in Bradfield and at Myers. My kids certainly deserve better and I will be sending them to the new school in 2011, with no worries at all - modern facilities, modern and wide expansive curriculum, a 2 mile walk there every day (saves sitting behind the Xbox and gets a reason for some serious physical activity). Thumbs up to the new school! :thumbsup:

lol

Nurse!!!!!

Good on you Harry. Glad you and yours are OK. (sarcasm mode on)

Despite being in between Bradfield and Myers with 3 kids I dont have a clue where mine will be going as probably wont get in Bradfield and cat in hells chance of getting into Myers but hey, yours OK.

I bet your glad to see the other thread removed. Gets you out of answering questions you wanted to avoid didnt it, didnt stop you asking though!!