The Hairdressers/Barbers megathread - Do not advertise in here

Right, is there any good drop-in barbers in Sheffield?

Reason:

I always used to go to Fella's in Crooks even though I live in Nether Edge, but after today I am never going to use them again! Its not that they do bad cuts nor the price. Just that I called them today, asked when they are closing. I was told 4:30pm. So I jumped into my car and off I went to Crooks. On arrival I claimed a parking space and promptly walked to Fella's arriving at approx 4:10pm. I was then told as I walked in, they are closing and they wouldn't cut my hair! So a completely wasted journey!

Are there any other drop-in barbers in Sheffield, preferably the Nether Edge area that anyone would recommend?

Mick's on Abbey Lane. Closes around 5ish (2ish Thursday and saturday). Sometimes there's a bit of a wait, but it's damn good and any haircut for less than a fiver can't be sniffed at. Plenty of parking in the area too!

Pop round to mine & i'll cut it for £3.......so long as you only want a No.1 skinhead.

Try Henger next to Varcity in town, either there or Sweeny 4 on Eccy Rd.

there are several barbers in broomhill (ok, not quite nether edge!) who are all very good - the one next to the expensive shoe shop with the red and white barbers pole outside is excellent - i take my 4yr old twins there, and michael who owns it is great. :clap:

sue:D

Paul Butler at Ranmoor, good haircut and if you're lucky, some of the funniest conversation I've ever heard!:thumbsup:

I use Taylor & Taylor on Surrey Street and they are usually pretty good. They also have a shop on Glossop Road I believe.

Originally posted by algy

Paul Butler at Ranmoor, good haircut and if you're lucky, some of the funniest conversation I've ever heard!:thumbsup:

That man is an institution!

My mother took my to get my haircuts there since I was a wee bearn. In my later teens when I was at uni and living elsewhere I stopped going there to get my haircut.

When I popped back in years and years later he still remembered both me and my mother. He probably has a tall tale about half the young-uns that grew up in that area.

janettes on commonside is good, ive gone there for last 4 years or so, and shes never ballsed mine up. Never too much of a wait either.

Edge cutters at the end of Nether Edge Road,about £4.50 for a cut.

im after that new mohawks style haircut, would any1 recommend scotts on wicker?

Originally posted by djash1000

janettes on commonside is good, ive gone there for last 4 years or so, and shes never ballsed mine up. Never too much of a wait either.

She's also extremely easy on the eye. In other words, she's as fit as a fiddle.

Decent haircut too, though I wouldn't care if she made a mess of mine.

Oo-er.:thumbsup: