Cops all in black with guns??

Jus seen a massive police presence all in black with what looks like guns. On Wordsworth avenue. Any ideas what's going on???

sounds like something big,could be drugs or worse,hope no injurys

drugs, terrorism, arms, armed robbery, kidnapping

take yer pic

Sounds more like a hate crime commited.

Sounds more like a hate crime commited.

ya you maybe right, they dont like the police in that area:roll:

I don't want to make a massive deal of this (or maybe I do?) but I can't help noticing that when things like this happen in Parson Cross or Southey the attitude is very 'whatever', but if the same were to happen in Page Hall, Burngreave or Darnall, we'd have pages of comments about how it's all to be expected, it's how 'they' behave, etc.

There was an article in the Star recently about police having a petrol bomb thrown at them after they interrupted people who were about to petrol bomb someone's car. This was in Southey. Barely a mention. Just imagine if that had happened in Burngreave - the reaction! I know this is not a daily occurrence in S5 and most people there don't get up to this sort of thing and just want to get on with their lives, but can I please point out that some serious chaos goes on up there at times and it's nowt to do with the ethnicity of the people living there. Just as it isn't in the places where brown people tend to live.