Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

I am not sure if the reports are true, but the 1/2 marathon is cancelled due to insufficient water supplies. Does anybody know if this is true? If so, this is a shambles for this city.

It is true, but loads of runners have started anyway. Police are try to set up roadblocks to stop them running.

I just got a call from somebody down at Don Valley Bowl to that effect. No water delivered to the water stations.

What a farce!

I am not sure if the reports are true, but the 1/2 marathon is cancelled due to insufficient water supplies. Does anybody know if this is true? If so, this is a shambles for this city.

It looks that way - more here: https://twitter.com/BBCSheffield/status/452730390177148929/photo/1

I know someone who's been training for months to do this, so this is really a poor show from the organisers.

SHEFFIELD THE CITY OF SPORT

First we (they) knock down our athletics stadium and now this shambles

I wouldn't trust this council to run a bloody bath.

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

That is of course until this lovely ship does sink

The phrase xxxx up in a brewery comes to mind! Has someone the guts to name and shame for a change? Council or cmmtt...just who has responsibility?

have you thought it may not be the council providing the water and they may have sourced it from a supplier?

Shame on Sheffield Council

Absolute Embarrassment

Couldn't run a bath

:rolleyes:

Due to rail replacement extra buses laid on and extra trams for this event - Supertram should bill the organisers for the chaos.

---------- Post added 06-04-2014 at 10:28 ----------

Logic says water should be with you a week before event and if not then go out to Makro or Costco and get some as an emergency back up!!!! Bad Bad planning

have you thought it may not be the council providing the water and they may have sourced it from a supplier?

It could be in which case the company needs naming and shaming and sueing to recover the full cost of the event.

But why book delivery for the morning and not the day before, then just stash it in a local warehouse ready for distribution.