Stop the bedroom tax - petition

The title is ambiguous - 'Stop the bedroom tax petition'

Just looked at the petition. Surely you should be going down the road that this is socially imoral rather than atacking rich people with lots of bedrooms?

2 wrongs dont make a right!

I couldn't possibly agree with the tax more, there are couples out there in 3-4 bed houses with all kids grown up and left home while I have friends with children in a 1 bed flat and have had to make their own bedroom with a dry wall...

Hopefully it will force the selfish out and make room for people that are overcrowded.

From what I have read, I agree with this tax (even though I will be affected).

I don't agree with these silly petitions that is going to get around 5,000 people just clicking the "Sign Here" button even though they have no idea of what it is. Basically the petition proves nothing other than the Internet is good at getting people to click things.

The whole issue with extra bedrooms should be based on a case by case basis. A blanket decision either way will no doubt cause injustices in both directions.

I couldn't possibly agree with the tax more, there are couples out there in 3-4 bed houses with all kids grown up and left home while I have friends with children in a 1 bed flat and have had to make their own bedroom with a dry wall...

Hopefully it will force the selfish out and make room for people that are overcrowded.

And you will then agree with the new window tax,dog license,money less society,being micro chipped etc,etc:roll:.Grams idea is better eg if your single, no kids get somewhere smaller.If you have kids staying over at the weekend,stay where you are.

Edited by Total Chaos

I totally agree with v. Rossi. Although it takes time & money to move house. The lump sum it costs will probably deter people rather than paying a bit extra each week.

I don't think people should sign it. I don't think we should be giving free money to people to pay for bedrooms they don't need.

If they NEED the bedrooms they don't need to worry. If they don't need the bedroom they should do the decent thing and move somewhere smaller to vacate the property for someone who does need it.

Personally I have little sympathy for people with spare bedrooms complaining that taxpayers aren't giving them enough stuff for free.

No likey = Take a Hikey . If you don't want to pay ,don't stay.

some people have spent a lot of money making ther homes nice and children have grown up and left home so why would they want to move

Whats the point of this petition, what will it achieve it wont change any bodys mind, if by some miracle you get 1000 people to vote against the tax what are your going to do with it and what do you hope to achieve with it, Are you creating a discussion hear, or are you going to do some thing with it. I am not attacking you just interested.