Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

I've just read on the Sheffield Star's website that the introduction of fortnightly bin collections will start next month. I can't remember that being on the agenda when Labour asked me to vote for them at the last local election. Kept that one up their sleeve didn't they. What a little miracle worker Jack Scott is. First the dump-it sites and now the bins. How are we going to accommodate all the fly tippers? Perhaps if Jack Scott is reading any of this he'd like to leave his address so that we can re-direct them to his street.

I think fortnightly collections are a great idea. It will get people thinking about what they need to consume and throw away.

Being single it won't bother me much.

I'm gonna need a bigger bin.

Any extra waste will just go in the bottom of the blue bin, I will just make sure card is at the top :)

Your title is wrong. It's a fortnightly black bin collection. The other week is blue bin collection. So you still get waste collected 'weekly', it alternates between the blue and black.

My black bin has been collected fortnightly for a few years now, and sometimes when I put it out it's only three quarters full. It does help that we've only got one bin for recycling so it's easy to keep that one topped up.

cant wait for this our bin is full and i have to bin share with the old ppl EVERY week so when there is black bags down our street and the foxes have shredded the bags looking for scraps ITS NOT MINE

right just rang them apparently i dont meet the criteria for a bigger bin or anyother bin there is 5 in our family and she wouldnt answer my question of "how many should there be "i asked her what i should do she said "take the rest to the recycling plant" i did explain to her that i dont drive and i dont think they would let me on the bus will 5 black bags of rubbish lol

they offerd no solution to my problem and why asked if they would take them if left out on the road the answer was NO

looks like there will be plenty for the foxes to eat then

right just rang them apparently i dont meet the criteria for a bigger bin or anyother bin there is 5 in our family and she wouldnt answer my question of "how many should there be "i asked her what i should do she said "take the rest to the recycling plant" i did explain to her that i dont drive and i dont think they would let me on the bus will 5 black bags of rubbish lol

they offerd no solution to my problem and why asked if they would take them if left out on the road the answer was NO

looks like there will be plenty for the foxes to eat then

Well there is 3 in mine and my black bin is full weekly so if 5 isn't enough for a bigger bin I don't know what is. If my bin gets full I'll just leave rubbish bags in bin space and dump them at side of bin on collection day, I don't think they're supposed to take them but they usually do here.

cant wait for this our bin is full and i have to bin share with the old ppl EVERY week so when there is black bags down our street and the foxes have shredded the bags looking for scraps ITS NOT MINE

How come you have to bin share?