The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

So why are the majority of remainers on here advocating for a second referendum if we don't need one?

Because it will force the government into abandoning this suicidal course of action.

---------- Post added 15-08-2018 at 10:44 ----------

Again?

I challenge you to find a single post of mine where I resort to name calling! :D

Perhaps he identifies with the fringe groups that you called out.

Because it will force the government into abandoning this suicidal course of action.

thats it, all those groups of people top cat mentioned like it or not ARE part of the collective groupings of types of people associated with "leavers"

In other news more sectarian worries in NI which cannot be ignored.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-45203576

again, if bonfires are a worry and a bone of contention, whats a border going to cause?

"A small number of people on both sides of our community seem determined to drag us back. They must not prevail."

He does not identify with any of those groups. If you would've asked him directly he would've answered you

He does not identify with any of those groups. If you would've asked him directly he would've answered you

But you do seem very keen to stick up for them though, which is why the comment was made.

Any chance of coming up with some evidence that Brexit will be anything but a total disaster for the UK or are you still basing your beliefs on unicorns and wishful thinking?

But you do seem very keen to stick up for them though

Rumbled :suspect:

In other news, Jeremy Hunt unexpectedly speaks the truth and says "No-deal Brexit would be a mistake we would regret for generations"

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/nodeal-brexit-would-be-a-mistake-we-would-regret-for-generations-british-foreign-secretary-37224227.html

I don't think his climb down after getting a rollocking has worked :hihi:

---------- Post added 17-08-2018 at 19:38 ----------

Buzzfeed has a list of some of the things that will be left up in the air under a no-deal scenario:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/a-new-leak-reveals-84-areas-of-british-life-the-uk

Not entirely encouraging :?

Edited by Magilla

The issue of Europe will never be settled. Nothing is set in stone forever..governments cannot bind their successors. A future, probably Labour government, will want to take us back in.

The issue of Europe will never be settled. Nothing is set in stone forever..governments cannot bind their successors. A future, probably Labour government, will want to take us back in.

So why go through all the distress? Just cancel the whole idea right now.

Remember however bad it gets, the politicians and rich and privileged in our society will not suffer anywhere near as badly as the poorest. Even high profile Brexit supporters are already moving money and assets out of the UK to protect them.

What does that tell you? :suspect:

So why go through all the distress? Just cancel the whole idea right now.

Remember however bad it gets, the politicians and rich and privileged in our society will not suffer anywhere near as badly as the poorest. Even high profile Brexit supporters are already moving money and assets out of the UK to protect them.

What does that tell you? :suspect:

The poor who overwhelmingly voted leave should suffer and extremely as well. They deserve everything they get. That is why I am hoping for either a second referendum so we can cancel this whole debacle or go for a complete no deal and laugh at all the job losses that will come.

The poor who overwhelmingly voted leave should suffer and extremely as well. They deserve everything they get. That is why I am hoping for either a second referendum so we can cancel this whole debacle or go for a complete no deal and laugh at all the job losses that will come.

I am working class and retired, I am not rich, I did not vote leave, I blame David Cameron. Why are you so nasty?

Looks like ole nige is getting in the battlebus again

I wonder what will be painted on the side of it this time? ;)

Any of these perhaps?

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davies

In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. - Nigel Farage 2016

Brexit will be the 'easiest deal in human history' - Liam Fox