Shiregreen Self Immolation

Does anyone recall a guy setting fire to himself in Shiregreen in the early/mid 90s? I was a kid at the time but seem to remember it was local knowledge. I remember that he died from his injuries and may have been called Kevin but I'm not sure. Maybe the whole thing was just imaginary kids stuff but I do recall the story quite vividly. There were rumours that it was related to his girlfriend leaving him but not sure how true this is.

Strange post I know, but it just popped back in to my mind

Does anyone recall a guy setting fire to himself in Shiregreen in the early/mid 90s? I was a kid at the time but seem to remember it was local knowledge. I remember that he died from his injuries and may have been called Kevin but I'm not sure. Maybe the whole thing was just imaginary kids stuff but I do recall the story quite vividly. There were rumours that it was related to his girlfriend leaving him but not sure how true this is.

Strange post I know, but it just popped back in to my mind

Shiregreen born and bred Barry, but can"t recall that incident, interesting.