Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

yes, sorry, I remember they said £59 plus booking fee

I'm not familiar with the tiered pricing structure though, since I've never attended :blush:

I know the tickets (tier 1?) were cheaper when they first went on sale, and no bands etc had been announced, that makes sense.

Theres obviously been a couple of price rises in between (tiers 2, 3 & 4) but as soon as they make the big announcements and theres a lot of demand the prices go up even more.

We got tier 4 tickets yesterday, but the website crashed shortly after due to the demand.

Guest makapaka
It's obviously massively subjective as to whether it's 'good'. It's definitely 'value for money' (although it is now £79 and the price seems to rise every few days...).

It does little to cater for many people though - I'm not remotely interested in attending now, and I've always enjoyed something on the Tramlines lineup. I'm sure there will be many like me, who were planning on attending and now have zero intention of going- as well as many that will now want to attend of course.

What’s put you off the line up this year compared to last year?

Don’t suppose anyone can tell me how the residents passes worked last year? I’m reluctant to pay for tickets at the price they are now as I live on Park View Road with the park at the top of the street, I’m assuming I’ll qualify for a resident pass as I’m so close to the noise/disruption. Have asked the organisers but got a fairly vague “Infomation will be posted in due time” response.

On the website the photo of Hillsbro Park looks like a Constable picture. No shopping trolleys in the pond, no litter.

I like the look of the graphics. It seems clearer. But I miss the arrow logo. It always reminded of the one for Dutch railways.

Lineup is the usual mix of people I'd like to see plus loads I'm not bothered about.

I think the venue will be a big success.

Don’t suppose anyone can tell me how the residents passes worked last year? I’m reluctant to pay for tickets at the price they are now as I live on Park View Road with the park at the top of the street, I’m assuming I’ll qualify for a resident pass as I’m so close to the noise/disruption. Have asked the organisers but got a fairly vague “Infomation will be posted in due time” response.

It's being done on a 'lottery system', with no idea if it's free or just discounted tickets, or how many tickets they are offering in the 'lottery' as of yet.

Given the price is rising every few days, and the likelihood there may be very few tickets in the 'lottery', if you plan on going you'd be best to get one sooner rather than later. You could always sell it on if you are successful in the draw.

Think endcliffe park would be a better venue to host this event,just my opinion.

Think endcliffe park would be a better venue to host this event,just my opinion.

if the trams ran up there it might :)

It's being done on a 'lottery system', with no idea if it's free or just discounted tickets, or how many tickets they are offering in the 'lottery' as of yet.

Given the price is rising every few days, and the likelihood there may be very few tickets in the 'lottery', if you plan on going you'd be best to get one sooner rather than later. You could always sell it on if you are successful in the draw.

At The last meeting, they said those roads immediately affected would get free tickets subject to proof of residency and those a bit further out there would be some through a lottery system.

http://www.tramlines.org.uk/2018/info/ They've not gone live yet, but this seems the link for when they do.

At The last meeting, they said those roads immediately affected would get free tickets subject to proof of residency and those a bit further out there would be some through a lottery system.

http://www.tramlines.org.uk/2018/info/ They've not gone live yet, but this seems the link for when they do.

Not sure if that might have changed. According to their twitter account "there is a ballot process, dependent on how close you live", but no mention of any free tickets anywhere.

Have to see what happens I guess- but given the fact it's in the process of being taken over by a large company, I can't see them being as thoughtful to local residents as the might have been in previous years.

Interesting to note that the takeover was filed with companies house on 7th February 2017. it was rumoured that that would happen, just as soon as Tramlines got permission to move to Hillsborough approved. A large part of that approval was due to it being a local business apparently.

Looks like the council might have been played by a big company. Again.

Guest makapaka
Meersbrook park?! Ever been? It's a massive hill! Couldn't even have a game of five a side football there!

Love this post - 'many over the drink drive limit' 'drugs' 'a rainy summer' 'MADNESS' - come off it!

Absolute hysteria. How about attending an event, and seeing what it's like? It's not the inner circle of hell you believe it is. And it might not even be a 'rainy summer'!

Anyway- it's happening by the looks of it. Good for the area, good for the park, good for people to use a park they might not otherwise visit, good for local traders - heck, even good for local people that don't seem to exist in a world of fear. I'd love it if I lived near Hillsborough park- I'd take the opportunity to have a good weekend, right on my doorstep.

I honestly think some people want Sheffield to be a ghost town, devoid of all culture or anything that might make people that don't live here, you know, want to visit.

Why have you gone from the quote above to this;

"Interesting to note that the takeover was filed with companies house on 7th February 2017. it was rumoured that that would happen, just as soon as Tramlines got permission to move to Hillsborough approved. A large part of that approval was due to it being a local business apparently.

Looks like the council might have been played by a big company. Again. "

Why have you gone from the quote above to this;

"Interesting to note that the takeover was filed with companies house on 7th February 2017. it was rumoured that that would happen, just as soon as Tramlines got permission to move to Hillsborough approved. A large part of that approval was due to it being a local business apparently.

Looks like the council might have been played by a big company. Again. "

I really don't want to get into the tedious word shifting and wilful misinterpretation that is your stock trade thanks.

I will state plainly: the reason I have gone from the above quote to my last post, was because THE FESTIVAL IS BEING BOUGHT OUT BY A BIG COMPANY WHO MAY WELL HAVE PLAYED THE COUNCIL.

This came to light on 7TH FEBRUARY as I state. After the old post I highlighted, and before my newer one. Hence NEW INFORMATION, WHICH HAS CHANGED MY VIEW SLIGHTLY ON THINGS.

You know- changing views, based on new things happening? As many have on any small company that then is taken over by a bigger company, who maybe do so in a potentially shady manner?

It's perfectly normal, and I really don't wish to have an endless debate about it. I'm sue you'll have a long and boring attempt at misinterpreting my words, motives or thoughts though.

And the reason I don't want to attend the festival compared to last year? Because it's mostly stuffed with indie bands I find dull as ditchwater, with virtually nothing in the way of musical variety, other than Craig David and De La Soul. That's called personal preference.

Guest makapaka
I really don't want to get into the tedious word shifting and wilful misinterpretation that is your stock trade thanks.

I will state plainly: the reason I have gone from the above quote to my last post, was because THE FESTIVAL IS BEING BOUGHT OUT BY A BIG COMPANY WHO MAY WELL HAVE PLAYED THE COUNCIL.

This came to light on 7TH FEBRUARY as I state. After the old post I highlighted, and before my newer one. Hence NEW INFORMATION, WHICH HAS CHANGED MY VIEW SLIGHTLY ON THINGS.

You know- changing views, based on new things happening? As many have on any small company that then is taken over by a bigger company, who maybe do so in a potentially shady manner?

It's perfectly normal, and I really don't wish to have an endless debate about it. I'm sue you'll have a long and boring attempt at misinterpreting my words, motives or thoughts though.

And the reason I don't want to attend the festival compared to last year? Because it's mostly stuffed with indie bands I find dull as ditchwater, with virtually nothing in the way of musical variety, other than Craig David and De La Soul. That's called personal preference.

So what have you changed your view to?

Do you now think having tramlines in hillsborough Park is a bad idea because a larger company owns it?

Should the council have not allowed it to go to hillsborough Park on that basis?

As for your view on the bands I was just interested in terms of the standard of bands from this year to last - you can like whatever music you like for all I care.