Slip & Slide - Graves Park

What a joke. Took my lad there today only to face massive queues to go on the water slides. Apparently this is because they didn't even have any water supply until 1pm, and even then not sufficient pressure for the slides to operate. No foam canons, no lockers, no changing facilities etc, and then the slides deflated. I was told by numerous unhappy customers coming away from the event that they had been queuing for 3hrs without managing to get on the slides. Also, ambulances had been called to treat kids with various slide injuries resulting from unsupervised kids jumping onto the slide half way down, colliding with customers coming down in their rings.

To make matters worse, staff from the sponsored charity Bluebell Wood Children Hospice had been duped by the organisers into free labour and were taking the flak from angry customers for the lack of necessary inflatable rubber rings and the appalling organisation by the event organisers Sun Slider.

After hours of queuing for an inflatable ring only to find they hadn't got any left, and not getting anywhere close to getting on the slides, we went home unhappy. I now face the hassle of trying to get the £21.50 ticket price refunded.

Facebook complaints here..

https://www.facebook.com/pg/sunslideevents/reviews/

Edited by WarPig

Sounds shambolic. I assume that’s where the loud music I can hear is coming from, it’s been playing since about 9am, thought it must be a Tramlines rave in the woods!

Sounds shambolic. I assume that’s where the loud music I can hear is coming from, it’s been playing since about 9am, thought it must be a Tramlines rave in the woods!

Yes I heard it this morning and thought is was coming from a car on my street. They have a DJ playing very loud music. I can cope with that as the park does get used for various events with music and tannoy announcements, but this particular event is as you say shambolic.

The music didn't bother me, I was just curious where it was coming from. Sheffield Star website has now picked up on this event, but have nothing useful to add to what we can read on Facebook.

this event has to be booked by Sheffield city council and approved by them,so most of the blame is down to them and the parks dept,these kids injurys need to be claimed for from the company or council,it sounds like a right cowboy outfit,surely they have been checked out by SCC.i have held events for 10 years in parks and we have to pay 10 million public liability,pass fire service tests ect,so protest hard I say to SCC they booked or allowed this madness to happen,also how did they get through the stringent tests?,questions need to be asked

More negative reviews appearing on Sun Sliders Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pg/sunslideevents/reviews/

---------- Post added 22-07-2018 at 19:24 ----------

Looks like the negative comments have been removed, or the link isn't working anymore!!

I was out running in Graves park this morning (around 11), running the entire perimeter of the park, and pretty much the only place you couldn't hear the (imo naff) music was running up through the animal park. Way too loud I thought.

Seems really iffy that they've taken down all the reviews on Facebook and seemingly disabled the option for anyone to add new ones.

If there are as many injuries as people claim, I foresee a bit of legal action against them.

this event has to be booked by Sheffield city council and approved by them,so most of the blame is down to them and the parks dept,these kids injurys need to be claimed for from the company or council,it sounds like a right cowboy outfit,surely they have been checked out by SCC.i have held events for 10 years in parks and we have to pay 10 million public liability,pass fire service tests ect,so protest hard I say to SCC they booked or allowed this madness to happen,also how did they get through the stringent tests?,questions need to be asked

The event you organise in Lowedges Park is fantastic.

The music from this one today in Graves Park was ridiculously loud. Sorry for all those disappointed kids and wasted cash.

Seems really iffy that they've taken down all the reviews on Facebook and seemingly disabled the option for anyone to add new ones.

If there are as many injuries as people claim, I foresee a bit of legal action against them.

Reviews are still there. What they do seem to have removed is their own post apologising for today and inviting people to contact them for a refund.

Sorry but why do these accidents need to.be claimed for? This is why things are so expensive as people sue everyone and anyone for any reason hence why things are so expensive to pay for insurance for people claiming