Gateway Project Consultations

The Dean and Chapter of Sheffield Cathedral invite you to attend a presentation on the Gateway Project on Sunday 21st November 2010

14:00-15:00 in the 1554 Gallery.

This meeting will take the form of one of several consultation events with different user groups and interested parties which will enable us to present The Gateway Project in more detail outlining our plans and aspirations, and to gain feedback and constructive ideas from the community we serve. The Cathedral Architect will be present.

The aims of the consultation events are to:

Promote:

The consultation events will enable us to present the many opportunities of The Gateway Project to our visitors and cathedral users;

Inform:

We ensure that the people are fully informed of The Gateway Project, how the campaign will progress and how it will affect our local surroundings and user groups;

We value everyone’s opinion and encourage constructive feedback which will help us in the development stages of this project.

Refreshments will be provided.

RSVP to development@sheffield-cathedral.org.uk

I missed this and this thread which is a shame.

You didn't say what the gateway project was and thus what was going to be discussed at this meeting.

What's it about?

is this actually ever going to happen or was it just a ruse to get rid of the occupy people?

The work starts at the end of Jan early Feb, the cathedral will still be open for business. It was delayed by occupy

No it wasn't - they have only just selected a contractor - see the local media

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 11:50 ----------

I like the idea of having a shop in the cathedral to sell overpriced tat to worshippers / stray visitors - all cash for the bishop

No it wasn't - they have only just selected a contractor - see the local media

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 11:50 ----------

I like the idea of having a shop in the cathedral to sell overpriced tat to worshippers / stray visitors - all cash for the bishop

Hmm you are Molly and I claim my £5