To Parents who have Children at High Storrs

We did get the letter - although we have two at HS and only one managed to bring it home...do you not get the weekly emails telling you which letters have been sent (or should have been sent...) home that week?

Ah ...........parent governors.

Is that where the butcher, baker, candle stick maker explain how to fix roof tiles?

The same collective of individuals who, when asked for directions to Maltby said 'I wouldn't start from here....'?

And in Maltby all directions are given from the Queens.

What the hell is post #3 about?

Although parent governors do have benefits to governing bodies, academies are now not having parents on governing bodies. I agree with this, I don't see how for example, a stay at home mum or a salesman is able to have the sufficient skills and knowledge to challenge the head teacher/principal. It's like someone who works at Tesco appraising a neurosurgeon. Parent governors, not all, tend to lose sight of what the role and responsibility of being a governor is, eg, they tend to bring up issues in governors meeting about something that has happened to their child and what the HT/principal is going to do about it; a lost coat.