Bingham Park Tennis Courts

I am lucky enough to have lived in Greystones all my life and wouldn't want to live anywhere else if I had the chance. Living so close to Bingham Park was the greatest thing possible as a child and most of my free time was spent down at the tennis courts and the AstroTurf playing football.

From what I can remember there are roughly 7 courts which were once well looked after and hugely popular. There was a hut where you could rent balls, rackets and pay a small fee to rent the court. I can remember having to queue for up to an hour on the weekends as they were filled with families, couples and children of all ages. There was also a 9 hole golf course within the park that was also popular and there was also the option to rent balls and clubs from the hut.

I am now 21 and over the last 10 years have been visiting the courts a couple of times a year. Unfortunately it is apparent that over this time frame the courts have been neglected and vandalised to a point where on my most current visit there wasn't 1 court out of 7 that was of playable condition.

Im not sure if im fighting a lost cause here but surely this beautiful space in a part of the city that is surrounded by schools and young kids should not be left for dead and should infact be utilised and thriving like it once was.

I was just interested in what anyone else that is familiar with this area thinks ? What would you like to see this space used for ? Tennis courts like before ? Other sports facilities ? Would your kids still use Bingham park during summer holidays if there was adequate facilities or are they more interested in laptops/Xbox's ? Are you aware of any future plans for this area ?